Going Crazy

Old 12-22-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going Crazy

Well here it is three days before christmas. I have had the police, dss and dhec involved in my life in the past three days. I went to my home and found numerous hydrocodone bottles, morphine salts, hypo needles. All obtained legally it appears. I give up. I have told my A that I am not going to speak of the addiction problem again. I just want to see my daughter. She says my daughter hates me and will never speak to me again. It is driving me crazy. 1st christmas ever away from my family.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Topdog,

I am sorry you are having to go through this. I know it especially sucks being the holidays. I wanted to say something in regards to hearing that your daughter hates you. I hope you know that she really does not hate you. I am sure she is just angry and does not understand it all. My kids father was very abusive and strange, in fact, just plan crazy. My kids still love him even after he dropped out of their lives for a number of years when they were younger. It took them awhile to get over their anger, but they both, even as young adults, seek their father's approval. The sad part is that he will never give them his approval. That is just the way he is. I tell you all this to let you know not to loose heart about your daughter. You sound to be a much better father than my kids father. So how can she not love you. If my kids can love their father after all he has done to them, than your daughter will realize that she loves you.

I hope this helps. I hope you manage to have a pleasant holiday in spite of everything you are going through.

Liz