Notices

Greetings

Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Greetings

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kevin and I decided today that I'm sick and tired of living in a drug induced haze that has caused me to have severe anxiety and depression. My drug of choice is marijuana but I did a lot of the hard stuff too as well as drank a lot. I was hesitant on signing up because I didn't know if I wanted to be completely sober but I was reading through the forum for a few hours today and I feel this site can help me stay on track with being sober.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to a wonderful place. I was lost and broken before I found SR. Once I knew I wasn't alone anymore - everything changed. Congratulations for having the courage to reach out for a new life - one not spent in a fog. You can do this!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Kevin - I was a stoner too - amongst other things - so rest assured there are people here who understand.

You'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Room. A lot of great help here. Hang around and try to help other people going through the same thing. They need you and you need us so hang in there.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. It is much appreciated. Day 1 of sobriety for me was rough but nothing I can't handle. My plan is to just stay in for a few days ,except when I have to work, and just get used to having a clear head again. My biggest worry is dealing with the people I hang out with because they are still using except my one friend who had a big wake up call this weekend by getting arrested and going to jail. So him and I are going to try and be there for each other and get to some AA meetings.

I don't know how to live anymore, with or without drugs. I can't live with drugs because I don't get anything done and my anxiety prevents me from doing things normal people do. I can't live without drugs because I don't know how to anymore. Last year I was sober for a few months while I was in OP but once that ended I started to use again. They even warned me that going back to using would be worse than when I used before that. They were so right and I can't believe I let it get this bad. It's time to get rid of this once and for all and bring back my sanity.