Last visit at rehab today

Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Last visit at rehab today

Today was the last visit with my son in rehab. He gets out this Friday, after 28 days. He is all lined up to go to a halfway house for 3 to 6 months. He looks great, has put on a few pounds, and seems to be really proud of himself and says he committed to staying clean.

Here is my dilemma. He will be staying with me from Friday, when he gets out, until Monday morning, when he goes to the halfway house. He told me not to worry, he won't be doing anything, and that they drug test him upon arrival at the halfway house. (I read his application, and the rules, and it does say that they test when you come in). He is really looking forward to coming home, spending time with his dog, and his girlfriend, before he leaves on Monday. I am really nervous about the whole thing. I know it's always a possibility that he could use, but, I want to believe him.

Any advice?
Old 12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((ownedbypugs))) - other than having boundaries in place, I don't really see there's much you can do. I pray he keeps recovery as a priority, and this is a calm weekend for you both.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((((( ownedbypugs)))))))))) such a hard spot to be in. Like Amy said, keep boundaries in place. Not much else you can do. He is lucky you are letting him stay the weekend with you and giving him that chance. I hope he sticks to his guns on it, and gets to the halfway house clean
Old 12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I say just enjoy the time together.

If it all goes south, he should leave, but my thoughts are that this may be a very nice time for both of you. Don't spoil your joy with worry.

Hugs