new to this whole idea

Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this whole idea

Hey everyone. Im new to this site, new to recovery, and new to all the issues that come along with being married to a recovering addict. Im thoroughly frustrated by a lot of thingsthings that i dont understand...but im eternally grateful to na for saving my fiances life. I love going with her to meetings...but im realising...i bed to vent and grow too. I need nar wnon in my life. I need the support of people like me, who are on the other side of recovery and suggestions for tough situations. Please...talk to me. I have to get it out before i drown in myself.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR! We'll listen to you vent! That's what we're here for. Have you found any nar-anon meetings? They can be a tremendous help. SR is great for online help and there is usually always someone here.

Tell us a little bit about what's going on. We're here to support you!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is a very good and brave step for you to come on here to seek solace and strength to deal with your current situation with your addicted loved one. Read all that you can, and try to remember to take care of yourself.

We all get so wrapped up in caring for others that we end up losing who we are, getting sick (mentally and physically) and that is not good for anyone, especially ourselves.

Don't feel you have to make any rash decisions, but like suki said above, naranon would perhaps benefit your situation. NA meetings didn't help me much, except show me how many people were suffering from addiction. It was Naranon, Alanon AND this forum that assisted me and my issues and what I needed to do with my life (with or without my addicted loved one).

Hugs to you and hope you find some good golden nuggets here to help you through this difficult time.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
TMZ

Welcome to SR, family
You have found the place you are looking for !!!
Through us sharing our stories, anger, and frustrations, together we all learn and help one another.

I found Nar-anon the most helpful for me. Kind of like NA but for the family and friends of. If you don't have one in your area al-anon will also help. But this site helps too.

So it's your W, care to share your story or get something out that is weighing on you?
Keep posting and reading.
Be well,
Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. I found this site and it has been the most important tool in helping me understand my sons addiction. There is time to vent, time to cry and time to share. Everyone here understands, though our A's are all different relationships, we are all looking for support and strength to help us move forward. I look forward to helping you as well!