Notices

Day Three

Old 11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day Three

Well, I survived Day Three. Wish I could apply the makeup like the makeup artist did last night! . Anyway, I had a craving (like I knew i would) right after work so I stayed in my hotel room and watched TV till it passed.

Now having dinner at a Chinese restaurant (aren't iPads great) and my fortune cookie said that my lucky number this week is the number 2. Day 2????? No drinks? New makeup?

Enjoying a pot of hot tea instead of a bottle of hot sake. I can do this. I know I can. Big test this weekend--an out of town wedding. Family getting a "hospitality suite" in the hotel. If I can get through that I can get through anything. Big drinkers. Shall be interesting.

Thanks for all of the support.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Good job

Congratulations on day 3. You sound like you want to quit using and I bet you will. 66 days off crack for me. I'm ruttin for ya.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good job marine! Very proud of you.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Marine

D
Old 11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it had a family reunion everyone drinks it was hard iwas going on one month sober but i reached for my higher power to get me thru it and danced all night long sober and had a great time and woke up feeling great
Old 11-17-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dumb question-- could a higher power be a deceased loved one? There seems to be debate on other sites that I have come across. One woman said her higher power was a tree in her backyard where she feels peace. I suppose whatever works.....

Last edited by Marine28; 11-17-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Hit post by mistake before finished
Old 11-17-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I believe it's whatever you need it to be. My higher power is my dream of one day becoming a complete beach bum living on the ocean's edge in a Hawaiian shirt. And a dog. That's the power that gets me through corporate life in a 24x7 job. I know if I stay sober and work hard, I'll one day wake up and look out my window. And there won't be suit or board meeting in site.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Bruman! I have the same dream sans the dog. Would like to leave this corporate life behind one day. I am in sales and on the road 3 weeks out of 4. Have you heard the Zac Brown Bands new song with Buffet? Called Knee Deep? Love it!!!!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nope. Gonna have to check it out now.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Let know how you like it!!!!!!! I bet you will make it "your song".
Old 11-18-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Marine. Great job on Day 3. I'm sure this weekend will be difficult but you can do it. I went to a wine drinking party on my Day 5 and it was difficult and I felt odd because I would always drink. So it went just the cravings it was I was totally breaking my social pattern. By the end of the night it was interesting watching the tipsy people. Thinking they had it under control. Very interesting.

You can do this. You can go this weekend and refrain. You can. Be sure to wear the new make up
Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Job.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Awesome Marine keep your head up and smile life is good

Yes your higher power can be anything mine personally is the people in my home group they give me strength..

I also know a old timer 25 years sober, he used the coffee pot at his first meeting, because in with that pot brought him his faith back of himself. It needed him to fill it everyday for all the other people .

Keep it up I relapsed and am on day 9 and i will work as hard as i can not to have another day 9 . Stay on the Beam
Old 11-18-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Loved the tune! Best line, "Be back in a minute.." I can't tell you how often I've had that feeling.... "I'll be right back"......2 days later...."Has anyone seen Bru?"....
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Good job Marine... I was a road warrior too at my last job, a very lonely way of life unfortunately therefore very easy to stay in bad habits. I remember what ever place I ended up, the very first thing I would do, sometimes even before checking into the hotel, would be to find the nearest liquor store! Over the course of years I went from being a social alcoholic to an anti-social one so I would just skip the hotel bar and go straight to the room to imbibe.

Luckily, I got laid off from that job after 17 years and that I believe is one of the many reasons I feel confident in being able to give sobriety a serious go. Pretty funny when you think about the many people and things that are enabling your behavior at times... good luck with your journey, I'm sure you will succeed!