Notices

Day 7

Old 11-14-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

YEAHHHH,I made it through the freakin weekend! was invited to several "drinking events" this weekend, went to Trivia , all you can drink night, and drank Sprite, only one person mentioned my soft drink, I haven't advertized my intentions of complete abstinence to the world, rather, I prefer to keep this "all about me". I have only told a few very close friends and a few family members to keep me accountable for my recovery. I feel like this is a very personal voyage, that is why I never felt comfortable in AA. However, I do love this forum for all the support and sharing. I see myself and related to so much here that before made me feel like such a looser, liar, failure. Alcohol made me such a weak individual, and I'm feeling a little stronger already. I do not wish to go back to day 1. I'm only 7 days in, but it's the best I've done in 3 long, sick, miserable years. A big thrill for me....my hands have quit shaking....that is huge for me, since I am an amature artist. Hanging in there, long journey ahead.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Non-Zoroastrian

Awesome, good job and keep it up!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations on your first week. Keep up the great work, you can do this!!

Best Wishes To You!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lor

i too hae only told 3 ppl about my trying to get sober i totally relate with it being a personal voyage but coming here is really helping me. i also feel that some of my friends due to their own drinking would try to sabatoge me bc ya know the old saying "misery loves sompany". happy to hear u made it through the weekend good for u!!!