having a down day

Old 11-14-2011, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy having a down day

So, daughter arrested last week on selling charges and her friend bailed her out. She is facing jail time, maybe prison, I am not sure. So she is scared, this is not her first time in jail. She is seriously considering rehab, plus I think I am going to be able to arrange for her to talk to one of the Buddhist Monks in the area who is recovering addict. So, I should be feeling relieved at least, hopeful at best. Yet this is a road I have traveled so much that I am overwhelmed by the thought of doing it again. Even though I take prescription sleeping pill, I have been waking up at 3 am the past several nights, unable to get back to sleep and just feeling sad and alone.Even though I know there are so many people who go through this, I feel alone and even though I do believe in a higher power, I feel like I am unable get real warm comfort from that. I am sure I will pull myself together and be better tomorrow but for today, I just feel totally and utterly sad.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((OwlSong)) I used to have many sleepless nights, fear is always strongest at night. I found that as my faith grew, even blind faith, and as I let go of trying to guess the outcome, I slept better and my life got better.

Fear is a codie's worst enemy. The antidote is faith. Sounds trite, but I cannot tell you how true that has been for me.

Keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

Hugs
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dear Owl, my support and prayers going to you today. Take the strength from your friends and family. It is good you are sharing how you feel. We have all taken the hand of someone stronger than ours when we are in need. Lets agree that the HP is working in your daughters life and you can thank Him for peace in yours.
Love and hugs,
Teresa
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry Owl. I pray for all the parents of addicts and their children all the time. I may not know you personally but I know your pain and you're really not alone. Keep busy and you'll get through today. Let your D can sort her own business out. HUgs to you.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Sending you lots of Mom HUGS, prayers and positive thoughts ~

although we know we are powerless over our adult children and their actions - it doesn't stop our feelings, pains and heartaches - sometimes we just have to feel the pain! We have to allow ourselves to process the emotions. Or at least that's what I have to do ~ then I find I can move on to acceptance, self-care, and my own recovery program.

Hope you are able to do lots of those good things for you today - A good friend & a wise person in the program shared with me - when our loved ones are at their worst - we should be at our best!

PINK HUGS,
Rita
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! Sigh. I will be better tomorrow. Thanks for caring, it means alot
Old 11-15-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Just checking on you - Hope today is a better, brighter day!

PINK HUGS,
Rita