Notices

Im really confused where to post???help?

Old 11-11-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im really confused where to post???help?

This is all new to me and Im really confused about where I should be posting....there are so many choices. Do I just jump around and check all sorts of categories, or me being a newcomer, should I stay in one spot? Im confused....anyways, it's day 4, my mind and spirit are clearing, first thing this morning I gave thanks to God for this gift of sobriety. My job is to not throw this precious gift to the curb, instead, cherish it and welcome it. Another gift I received was this forum. I tried AA in the past and it just wasn't for me. I would go directly to a bar afterwards. I didn't enjoy the whining and the pity pot stories of why, excuses and need for sympathy. Sorry, but that just never worked for me. I was sober in the past for 8 years (that was 3 years ago) people would pat me on the back and said they were proud of me.....I couldn't except it.....Proud??? hell NO.....don't be proud of me making an idiot out of myself and my family during the years I wasted being wasted. Proud of what I did, and then screwed it all up with one beer that turned into a wasteland of anebriation? Don't be proud of me even doing 4 days, because I didn't do it alone.....I swear this is gift from God. I leave it up to Him. He is back in my life, and loves me. Be proud of our Lord, I thank God for having my back.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Cardinalfan))) - welcome to SR!! You can post on any forum, except men only in the "men's room" and women in the "women's". Newcomer's is a great place to start!

I lurked here, for over a year, before signing on..did the jumping around through various forums and actually got quite a bit of ES&H from many of them. I'm a recovering crack addict, don't go to meetings (but used what I learned from when I DID go) and have friends/family that are/were A's (addicts/alcoholics) so I "fit" in a lot of forums. I believe in God, some don't but it doesn't mean I haven't learned from them, become friends.

We all may have different stories, different DOCs (drugs of choice) or have loved ones struggling. There's a commonality among us, and SR has been a huge part of my recovery.

Good for you on 4 days! I don't think it's so much pride, it's just a great feeling seeing someone getting their life back together

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Cardinalfan

Jumping around and checking all sorts of catagories is a good idea. You will eventually find a thread, or maybe a few, where you are most comfortable. There is probably a "Class of November" thread where you will find folk who have come to SR approximately the same time you have. The "Newbie Bus" is a fun group of people. I don't post there but I do enjoy reading that thread. I believe there is a Christian thread as well. So look around and post a note just to say hi. There are no rules for joining although there are some rules for being civil and respectful of others. Other than that, Congrats on 4 days sober and have a safe and sober weekend!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Since this is the forum for ongoing threads/support, I'm sure one of the mods will move this to Newcomers. Besides, Newcomers gets more traffic.