Notices

Blood test results

Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood test results

I finally got up the nerve to get my blood work and I am amazed that my liver is in the normal range. I have been drinking for 35 years and most of that time at least 6 beers per day. I think I have dodged the bullet for now and will look at this as a second chance to get healthy. If you are worried about your blood test, you may be making a big deal out of nothing. Get it done and find out for sure.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How was your blood pressure and other things like potassium, etc.? I found that while my liver enzymes and such were normal too, other things were out of wack from alcohol abuse like low potassium.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Also, you might want to bear in mind that damage to your liver does not show u on a blood test until 1/3 of your liver is damaged. Altough, I agree with you - knowledge is power.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Once sober I was able to discontinue blood pressure medication completely. Used to be 150/90 or higher when I was in my drinking days. Now I hover around 115/75.

Feels good to be off the bp meds. My liver panel was normal, and that was after drinking heavy for 20+ years.

The human body is an amazing gift. I so wish I had treated it with more respect than I did. I guess it's better late than never.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your results were better than you expected too.tall
Mine were too - I'd encourage everyone, especially if they're newly quit, to go get themselves a thorough physical

D