Notices

Halloween tricks, what a treat

Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Halloween tricks, what a treat

Last year I was in my bedroom, drunk, lights out. I couldn't handle trick or treaters, to intrusive on my addiction. now I'm opening my door and giving out candy (though I'm staying away from sweets) and for every treat I drop in a bag I'm getting 10 blessings back, like my bag is over filling. Some kids came as lions, and tigers and bears, oh my. If there are new comers out there, take it from me for what it's worth, there is no price to put on being here, now. Sobriety is like a trick but it is a treat. Enjoy.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I definitely felt good handing out candy to all the little faces...I got the treat I think

D
Old 10-31-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My wife told me what I was doing last year, I couldnt remember, I was drunk and stayed home, this year things are different! So much Better! I went with my grand daughter Trick or Treating, got loads of candy, and I know I shouldnt of ate so much chocolate
Old 11-01-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Coolfitz

Although we don't really celebrate halloween in my country of birth, such a pity, I think it is a fantastic festival.
I do decorate the apartment and garden and I have 6'4'' dracula sleleton, it's eyes flash and it speaks. Last year everything was just such a hassle, I went through the motions, this year I am getting direct enjoyment from the kids delight in all the little halloween touches around the place.
How are you managing to stay off the sugar? Any tips?

CaiHong