Notices

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 24 October 2010

Old 10-26-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Around the Year with Emmet Fox - 24 October 2010

STAKE YOUR CLAIM

In the gold rush days prospectors went out in the mountains in search of the yellow metal. Often the task was long and arduous with little to show for the days of struggle and privation. But when a find was made, the prospector would stake his claim so that others would know that that particular discovery belonged to him. Of course, some claims turned out to be rather shallow veins of ore and worth little, while other claims eventually made their owners fabulously wealthy.

In metaphysics, we often speak of claiming our good, and it is one of the surest ways of bringing the good we desire into our lives. If we want health, then we have to claim every day that divine Live brings well-being to every part of our body. If we want prosperity, then we claim every day that God is the giver of every good gift, ready to supply our every need.

Whatever it is we wish to bring into our life, we stake our claim to it.

Of course, we often claim negative things for ourselves without fully realizing it. Every time we say, "My cold," "My headache," "My indigestion," we are claiming those things for ourself. What one claims for himself he will eventually bring into his life.

Affirm your divine kinship. All that the Father hath is ours--if we will stake our claim with God.

....it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom
(Luke 12:32)