fingerprinting, any gone thru this?

Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

fingerprinting, any gone thru this?

Well, I have a job offer. It's only for about 10 hours a week. It entails being with someone that I have bee with, but getting paid for it. When I left my relationship, I moved in with good friends of mine. Their son has autism. I get along really well with him.

The job, is to just spend time with him, to give the parents a break. I can do this.

But............... fingerprinting. Went for that today. They had a hard time taking my fingerprints. I was asked if I did manual labor, and yes I do. I use sandpaper a lot. They couldn't get a clear fingerprint. 8 out of my 10 fingers had to be done multiple times, and it still wasn't taking. She had to actually pick the ones that looked the best.

Hope this was good enough, not sure, will find out in a few weeks............
Old 10-18-2011, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm a former foster parent and went through the fingerprinting process several times. My parents also had to be fingerprinted. My father was in his 70s and has always worked with his hands. They could not get any fingerprints off of him! It was not a big deal and mainly necessitated some extra paperwork. I guess this is more common than you'd think.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I worked at a large financial company where all employees had to be fingerprinted. For some reason, my fingerprints were very difficult to take. I do not really do manual labor (except for cleaning my house and doing yardwork, LOL!). They asked me some questions to try to determine why they wouldn't be showing up well. In the end, I guess they must have been "good enough" because I didn't have to come back to have them "redone" old-school style with actual ink and paper (it was all done high-tech, with some sort of "magic" invisible-to-the-eye "ink" on a computer type of scanner). Moral of the story: I learned something new about myself that day...I don't fingerprint well!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dude in recovery

The last time I took my mountain of aluminum cans to the recycle shop, I also took some old batteries that were hanging around the garage. With all of the thieving going on with recyclable stuff they now take a thumb print. I felt like saying "forget about that", but did it anyway, it was one of those electronic things mentioned above and took it the first try.
If I stay quit I won't be going there much any more, Just my plastic, paper and glass to the city's bins.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Former bank employee, I've been fingerprinted twice and background check through the FBI.....ah, the memories.....
Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've had to have it done twice in order to work with children in a daycare setting. No big thing.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chaotically Peaceful

I worked in an office where they dealt with securities. I had to be fingerprinted a couple of times. Weird...we were just talking about this at home last night. LOL
Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So good to hear that I'm not the only one that had this problem. I was fingerprinted at age 17 when I applied for a government job, they had no problem then getting my fingerprints. I was worried that eventually I wouldn't have any left.

Now fingerprinting for recycling, I think that's carrying things a bit too far.

Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm a teacher, anytime you move to a new school or district you have to get re-fingerprinted. Last time I had it done D3 was a baby. I had to go down to the holding cell at my police station and get fingerprinted there and had her with me. Fun memories!
Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fingerprints wear down as we age, and that process is especially quick for people who work with their hands and chemicals.

My Grandma has none left - I tell her its time to live a life of crime, but at 90 and on a walker, she may have missed her chance!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Tuffgirl- LOL! I could see her stealing another residents jello at the nursing home and tearing off down the hall at about 2 steps a minute..lol.

Fingerprinting... yup. Did it for my nursing school and to get licensed through the board. Oh and had to do it to take the NCLEX too.
As long as you don't have a conviction you didn't disclose your fine.

One person in my class had someone steal his identity a few years ago so he had to go through some extra steps...take fingerprints multiple times for comparision etc... but got it figured out quickly.