Notices

Anxiety

Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety

Hi everyone, my sober date is 9.10.11 and I feel pretty good, my only concern is how BAD my anxiety is still. I am constantly tense and anxious and it is really uneasy feeling this way all the time. I feel like no matter what I do that I am constantly feeling nauseous because my anxiety is so bad. Is that something that will take quite a bit of time?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI SBaybay - my clean date is 9/11/11 from the oxy road trip to hell and I am still on the insomnia/anxiety roller coaster. There are times that I feel like I am crawling out of my skin. I understand that some of this is part of the post acute withdrawal phase (PAWS) as our bodies begin to mend the neural pathways that we toasted from our drug use (this is not an acurate medical description - just the way I like to think of it...)

I have been forcing myself to go for walks and stand outside in the sunshine and eat healthy and take multivitamins. It sounds lame but it is slowly working for me. Journaling my really crazy moments helps quiet my overactive brain a wee bit, too.

Some folks on here have also recommended valerian root - an herbal item you can pick up at pretty much any drug store - I haven't tried it yet but different things work for different people. I ended up taking two long walks today just to get some endorphins flowing and get out of my mental rut...my mind continues to be a very scary place.

I am glad to hear that you are feeling good overall and hope you are able to get some relief from the anxiety