Notices

Hello everyone..missed you!!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone..missed you!!

Hi. It's Lainie/Elaine! Some of you may remember me. I've been off and on here for while. I did the thing where I quit drinking a couple years ago, had taking 10-15 Norco per day for back pain back, along with my normal Effexor and xanax for anxiety/depression! good times! I did get on track for a minute, I had quit the Norco and drinking on Jan 1st 2010. I started seeing a psychiatrist. Went on Suboxone, went to meetings, life was good for a few months!!!! In March, I was in Walmart on minute, then waking up in the ambulance the next, the paramedics told me that I had a Granmal Seizure. Still no explanation as to why. I was taking Effexor, xanax, at the time, so the meds could have caused it, no-one knows. So, the advice is to take Topamax for seizures and pray it doesn't happen again. It's now 10/2011, no more seizures! Thank God. I guess I just have to trust and pray it won't happen again!!! I feel good now, still on Suboxone, but...my plan is see the Dr about getting off the topamax soon. He said after a year we can evaluate it. So, that's my story, what is everyone else up to around here??????? xoxoxoxo
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kittens, sorry to hear about the seizure but relieved to hear you are doing well now!

I tried the suboxone route back in '08 but apparently the transition to subs was just a little too easy for me and I ended up thinking I could control my oxy use...HAH!!!

I am a wee babe in the clean game now but love to see folks post here after a stretch away.

Good luck and health to you and as you work through changing meds...
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are doing well..