Enlightening Incident

Old 09-29-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Enlightening Incident

I'm sure many of you here have to deal with this on a constant basis, so it may be in bad taste to post about it here, but please know that is not my intention.

Recently, I had someone contact me, quite obviously drunk out of their skull. I have experienced drunk people before, of course, but had not seen this individual in this state before. They hurled all sorts of invectives, F bombs left and right, while simultaneously saying they love me, etc. It occurred to me to say "bye," but for some reason, I was oddly interested in the phenomenon.

The distortion in personality seemed quite obvious to me, as they were acting completely out of character from what I had previously experienced with them, but they kept insisting they hadn't had anything at all to drink. Still, for some reason, I kept playing along, and as time went on, the ramblings got more and more ridiculous and incoherent.

I had heard from them before that they would do this sort of thing, but I hadn't seen it myself. Part of me wanted to tell them what I thought of their charming words, but it reminded me of previous ramblings of my own poisoned mind at the end of my stint. Eventually I did have to cut them off, and they weren't too happy.

I do hope they get their act together again, but perhaps I needed this reminder. I didn't have any intention of ever going back to drinking regardless, but after I cut them off, I thought to myself, Nunca más!"

I'm not sure that I could deal with such incidents on a daily basis, so for those of you that do, I must give you credit. For anyone struggling with this, I hope you find your peace.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One never knows what is going to happen aboard the crazy train.

To all those who live with addiction, may peace embrace you. May you find the courage to make your life whole again.

You are so correct Unique............ NEVER AGAIN........
Old 09-29-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
TU, I too said nunca mas to a situation within the last year. I had not seen or talked to this person for for quite awhile. When they texted me "miss you, I'm sorry, blah,blah" I responded by saying "I'm sure it took courage to send that text. I appreciate that, but wish to have no contact with you. I really wish you peace on your journey." I got approximately 15 texts after that "**** you, **** your journey..." and it went on from there. I did not respond. The last sentiment from this person was "I am sorry you have become so cold, heartless, judging, merciless, and unforgiving". To date, I have not responded. To engage in that would be futile.
Setting boundaries and sticking to them can infuriate people, that's for sure. But doing so has brought me peace.

Last edited by Morning Glory; 09-30-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Going around censor