Notices

in rehab and loving it!!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Smile in rehab and loving it!!

Hi everyone! Well, i've been planning it for a while and I finally went back to rehab. I was taken in patient to detox (still had alcohol on my breath) and was basically locked in a psych ward. I probably had the easiest time of it. No severe withdrawn symptoms. I didn't even need the Valium they offered. I told them point blank about my eating disorder and when they offered to lock me out of my bathroom for an hour or two after meals I jumped on it! I was discharged yesterday right into the partial hospitalization program. I've been to this PHP before and I really love it. Today is my first full day back in the program. I'm so very happy here.

Please, anyone trying to quit on your own, go get help. It's so much more encouraging than doing it alone. Good luck everyone!

Affirmation of the day: Today, I will accept love and help from others.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad it's going well for you, keep up the good work!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

glad it's going well for you too.I recently was in rehab and I loved every minute of also.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went to a rehab in Spain and met a guy who i had heard of through an ex GF there...we became friends ever since...his GF took him to the rehab with a 6 pack in his hand, he jumped out of the car before getting through the gate and ran off across adjacent fields and hid for a few hours, eventually he returned to the gate, polished off the 6 beers outside and in he went...he loved the rehab so much that after the 6 weeks he left and went back twice for a week at a time on both occasions, he was doing well and hadn't drunk just wanted to go back for a boost...He's a couple of years sober now, he reworked the steps with a sponsor in AA and still attends meetings...a real success story!

Enjoy rehab and the journey of self discovery, get into meetings as soon as you leave and be prepared to continue the journey...getting sober was amazing for me and that first 6 months of constant work on myself and self discovery was amazing...enjoy:-)
Old 09-28-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're happy and doing so well dG

D
Old 09-28-2011, 06:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I had an amazing session with my therapist today. I guess the therapist for the large group told him that I had a hard, anxious time today. My therapist and I spoke for nearly an hour and a half. We covered too much to remember! I took away a lot though. When I get scared and anxious, I tend to talk too much and ramble. I'm a talkative chick with social anxiety, lol! Ah, well. Tomorrow, i'm tying a string around my index finger as a reminder to let other people talk and not speak unless I have something relevant to say. I tend to go off in tangents. Not surprising considering my ADD tendencies.

I'm having some trouble tonight. Strong cravings for alcohol hit the moment I got home. I'm managing by distracting myself prepping a healthy Greek salad and veggie burgers for dinner. Also, I bought some coloring markers and am printing off some stuff to color. Juvenile, I know, but it's fun and distracting. Something I learned as an in patient!

Also, I have not purged today and I stopped eating my healthy lunch when I got full. I didn't clean my plate! Woohoo!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations DG! You've gotten through a lot lately - I'm so glad you're able to accept "love and help from others" today! I like that affirmation.....It's not always easy for us to do!

Baby steps..... You can do it!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you're taking care of yourself.