Notices

Almost 7 months

Old 09-23-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Almost 7 months

Without a single using thought, until yesterday.....

So I came home and wrote a list of all the reasons that using would suck and mess me up. Came up with at least 10 things. I called my sponsor.... I am bummed the thoughts came. It happened when I found myself face to face with my old drug of choice. It was unexpected.

I have to return there on Tuesday and finish up a job, I have accountability....still suckie though....

My life is going so awesome right now.....

Thanks for reading....Lily
Old 09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lily

congratulations on 7 months

don;t be bummed...maybe the right way to look at things is to not think 'I thought of using' but 'I thought of using - and didn't...I worked on my recovery instead?'

D
Old 09-24-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lily,

You handled that quite well. You should feel good about that.

How did you end up "face-to-face" with your old DOC? Is there anything you could've done to prevent that?
Old 09-24-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

The most important this is that you came face to face with your DOC and did not pick up......that says volumes. Whatever you are doing, keep working it.......

Blessings,
kahlia
Old 09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Hi guys....thanks so much for the support. I meant to write almost (9) months though! Hey, 2 months are HUGE when you are back to square one.

See, I think I was the bummedest cuz I felt somehow over the using. I mean my walk with my HP is so awesome, and my relationship with my family is so awesome and I feel like I don't have that big old dark HOLE in my heart anymore that I used to fill w/ drugs and food. I mean I am still working on the food, but I had had relapse on my eating plan recently and that too could have been a slight trigger. When I eat too much sugar and carbs it can set me up for wanting to use.

The reason I was face to face is cuz I went to do some filing for a friend who fixes my comp for a barter trade. She is my husbands cousin and totally a non addict as is her husband. When I used the bathroom (I was one of those addicts who used to rob ppls medicines chests) the medicine chest was slightly ajar and I saw 2 Rx bottles just staring at me. One was hydrocodone. See, what I SHOULD have done was just closed it and washed my hands and NOT LOOKED. But I am so DARN nosey of course i had to read the bottle.... I said to myself i am NOT opening her med. cabinet, it is already opened, I am just peeking at what is in there. Anyhoo....I made a small mental note of why I could not pick up, and when I got home I made a hard copy one:

1) My relationship with my HP is better than it has ever been!
2) I was 2 days left from finishing reading the OT as I have been reading the 1 yr chronological Bible since Jan. 1 and knew that it would not continue.
3) The shame I would feel
4) The guilt I would feel.
5) The fact that I would be stealing
6) The distance I always felt from my sweet husband when I was using. (Sneaky)
7) I would be mean to my 8 yr old.
8) I would bloat up and gain weight cuz of the water gain.
9) I would crave crappy foods.
10) I would have to start my clean time over, AGAIN!
11) I would be allowing what I chose to call the devil to win!
12) I would not feel comfortable being a sunday school teacher (& I teach tomorrow!!!)
13) I could compromise the integrity of my family and our name (they publish names in our small town in the paper for getting arrested) Who is to say I wouldn't get caught or kill someone driving high?
14) I think another factor is knowing I have blown it in the past and knowing God has forgiven me, but now I really feel like I am at a place in my walk and my recovery where I know so much more now therefore I am being expected to do better. Where much is given much is required.

So, there is my list!!! I am so happy I am living in victory today, now that I have had a couple of days to think about it.

Today I went out w/ my Cub Scout and another little Cub Scout and his daddy and we sold popcorn! It was a fun time, had i used i would have dropped him off and made some lame excuse as to why I too could not walk with the boys.

Thanks for listening you guys!

Lily
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats Lily! We need you here to help us and you're doing a bang up job!
Old 09-24-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy 9 months lily LOL...& stay the heck out of those medicine cabinets

D