Here we go again...

Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again...

September 5 was 1 yr since my ex was arrested for domestic violence and I found out the extent of his drug/alcohol addiction. We are now divorced and have been apart since that fateful day in Sept.

I am still trying to get him to have someone come get his belongings 1 yr later. He received a 5th letter from my lawyer about this and that's when the bizarre behavior started once again. He phoned my house phone 12 times and cell phone 15 times within 45 minutes. He even had his 91 yr old mother call and leave a message, twice! I did not answer. He is not to have contact. I have repeatedly told him I want no part of this bizarre behavior but he just won't stop!

I blocked his cell number, house phone number, and mother's cell number from my cell, my kids cells, and my house phone. He resorted to texting me from *****. UGHHHHH! Just trying to tear me down, tear apart at my self-esteem, being so very ugly/ I finally did what I needed to do all along. I changed my cell phone number.....ahhhhhhh peace and quiet!

This all coming from someone who claims to be 9 months clean....wow the behavior, lack of reasoning ability, and blaming everyone for your actions sure seems very familiar to me!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think he's made it clear he doesn't need his stuff if you've given him 5 chances to come get it. Time to set it on fire.

You can put lipstick on a pig and you've still got a pig. Whether he's in recovery or not, it's clear he is extremely abusive. I trust you've had domestic violence counseling?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Either dump the stuff or donate it.

No reason to keep storing his things. If he wanted them he would have already gotten them.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for changing your cell phone number. That should stop that nonsense.

If you've given him notice to come get his stuff five times and he hasn't done it, is there a reason that you haven't gotten rid of it? Have you discussed the donation idea with your attorney?

Just wondering.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

lots of times an addict can get clean but not change there ways. they have to learn another way of living & without meetings & a sponsor & without working the steps they never learn. i am sorry u had to go thru this. maybe u can put his belongings in a unit & your lawyer can write him & let him know where they are,. he will get them or lose them. it would b up to him.