Notices

Nightmares on day 3

Old 09-03-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nightmares on day 3

It's day 3 sine a binge drink. My body is feeling a little better but I'm having this nightmares when I fall asleep. The dreams are so real and very vivid. This is the first time I can fall asleep. Would like to know if this is normal. When I wake up my body is all sweaty and not sure if thats form the alcohol because at this time I should not be sweating the alcohol should be out of my system in 3 days. I am drinking a lot of water which makes me go to the bathroom every hour.

I'm kicking myself for what I did but I need to take it one day at a time and I should get better in a few days and go back to my recovery. Hoping this time around I will learn my learn because I don't this I will have many more of this episodes if I keep doing this.

Thanks for listening.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vivid dreams are very common I think act10n....and they were normal for me, for a little while.

I hope they fade for you soon
D
Old 09-03-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

I perspired for almost 3 months. Your body is still toxic. It's also learning how to be normal. Give time time. My dreams are still vivid, too. I only had and continue to have a few nightmares.

Congrats on 3 days!!!

It takes 1 hour for every ounce of alcohol to leave the body, the rest of the time, it's older toxins. 1 six pack beer = 3 days+
Old 09-03-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I perspired for almost 3 months. Your body is still toxic. It's also learning how to be normal. Give time time. My dreams are still vivid, too. I only had and continue to have a few nightmares.

Congrats on 3 days!!!

It takes 1 hour for every ounce of alcohol to leave the body, the rest of the time, it's older toxins. 1 six pack beer = 3 days+
I think the time period I drank about 50 beers. So how many days is that?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also remember the vivid and horrible dreams.

Try to be patient and allow your body to heal.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are fortunate to be able to get some sleep. Gradually the vivid dreams are likely to subside. I have been told that they may be due to the lack of so called Rapid Eye Motion (REM or dreaming sleep) when there was all that alcohol in the brain.Now that the alcohol is gone the brain may be playing catch up when it comes to dreaming. Anyway, regardless of the explanation, when you start feeling better then it's really the time to watch out since you may enter a sort of euphoric "pink cloud" period when you may be thinking that everything's going to be just fine and it "won't hurt" to have "just one" drink. Don't you believe it! Your body, deprived of alcohol, will be trying to drag you back to where you were before. Don't give in. Get some help, either from a group or from a counselor. The first few months of recovery are filled with risk. Be careful and you'll never be sorry.

W.