Notices

Stop the music!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stop the music!

HI all,

and hope all are safe and sound this morning.

I have a question, and could have asked it long ago, but it is trivial, really. I have situational anxiety, and possible ptsd, from being acoa. I h ave taken antidepressants over the years. Now, for the last few years, i have been taking wellbutrin off and on. for anxiety. road anxiety, family stress, etc.

my silly question is this. Why do I sometimes have a song go through my head, over and over, and over, while taking the higher dosage of wellbutrin? it has happened on other meds in the past, too. Recently, I llistened to a song on youtube, that i used to love, and it played over and over, in my spare mind time. also listened to a country song, whats your mamas name, by tanya tucker, and boy, that played for days... and i dont like that song-

it is mostly when i am doing something that takes no thinking. and when i am in bed. sometimes through the night. i really hate this and wonder, has anyone else experienced this annoying happening?

Of course i am not asking for medical advice, just curious about this.'

thanks for reading this silly post!
chicory
Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Chicory, I often have that happen to me! I'm not on wellbutrin, and can't tell you why it's more prevalent when your dosage is increased. I know it annoys the crap out of me when it happens.

I know I've had side effects from my psychiatric meds, the most recent being an increase in my Abilify and my lifelong nightmares at night have stopped! Why that has happened I don't know, but that's a side effect I can handle!
Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I think we all get songs stuck in our head from time to time. I know I do and when I mention it to someone, they'll say that happens to them, too. I really hate it when it's a song I don't like. Of course, after hearing any song in my head for two or three days straight, I'm not apt to like it even if it was once one I liked.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It happens to us all...................its normal.My young 14 year old does it all the time...........and she never had Alcohol or Drugs.Shes quite happy singing along with the heads recording.
Thats how songs and Tunes were learned before Tape Recorders were invented.
People would hum a Tune or song until the got it off by Heart............and someday perform it before an audience.

Sometime a Song sticks in my head as well that I dont like....................As soon as I tell it to keep playing in my head it Stops after a few minutes.
Cheers.La,La,La.:day6
Old 08-28-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It happens to us all...................its normal.My young 14 year old does it all the time...........and she never had Alcohol or Drugs.Shes quite happy singing along with the heads recording.
Thats how songs and Tunes were learned before Tape Recorders were invented.
People would hum a Tune or song until the got it off by Heart............and someday perform it before an audience.

Sometime a Song sticks in my head as well that I dont like....................As soon as I tell it to keep playing in my head it Stops after a few minutes.
Cheers.La,La,La.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks kids.

trouble posting , but i appreciate the replies and reassurances!
love ya,
chicory
Old 08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

What I do when I get a song stuck in my head that I don't like is listen to a new song that I do like and pay close attention, like really listen to it and what they're saying. That usually gets the bad song unstuck from my head and may or may not get the good song stuck in my head. But at least the bad one will be gone. It always works for me, don't know why.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" stuck in my head for a week!

But, at least it wasn't the theme song to "Ponderosa" or "Ghost Rider's in the Sky"~~!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The same thing happens to me on the higher doses of SSRIs. It could be OCD. My non-medical advice is to see a psychiatrist about treatment.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh, and don't let the psych tell you that it's just stress or that the meds couldn't be causing it.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have songs play over and over in my head too, I can't seem to get rid of them. I am not on any medications either...strange...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's amazing what anxiety will make you worry about.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Earworm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't think this is specific to any medication. I recently had a terrible Elvis song that I've heard exactly once in my head all day.

If this happens and it's a great song...then enjoy it.

When it happens and it's a terrible song, there is but one solution. Put on a good song to replace the bad one, and more importantly replace the loop in your head from playing the bad one!