faith, hope, and love. Of theses the greatest is love

Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TMZ

faith, hope, and love. Of theses the greatest is love

I think there is something to that statement. I have read something in a book; Journey From Abandonment to Healing.
Here is what it read ;
2: WITHDRAWL - painful Withdrawal from your lost love. The more time goes on, the more all of the needs your partner was meeting begin to impinge into your every Waking moment. You are in Writhing pain from being torn apart. You yearn, ache, and Wait for them to return. Love-withdrawal is just like Heroin withdrawal - - each involves the body's opiate system and the same physical symptoms of intense craving. During Withdrawal, you are feeling the Wrenching pain of love-loss and separation - - the Wasting, Weight loss, Wakefulness, Wishful thinking, and Waiting for them to return. You crave a love-fix to put you out of the WITHDRAWAL symptoms.

Do you think it is possible that we have love as a tool to counter the drugs that we find our loved ones using?

Is it possible that when we use tough love they really feel it and get it?

I have been debating this with one of my friends and could be a good point.
Any thoughts?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

If love could counter drugs, none of us would be here.

Tough love is a tool I used to protect me. My exabf never got it, as, his only true loves were alcohol & drugs.

To me the author is describing a person who is addicted to love. Love addicts are addicted to the fantasy of the relationship.

For me, when it was over with the ex, it was over, I had left him long before I tossed him out. I was never drawn into all the Hollywood hype about lost love, broken hearts and the belief that my world would come to an end if I did not have a man.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TMZ View Post

You crave a love-fix to put you out of the WITHDRAWAL symptoms.
Am thinking that some crave a love fix because they have not learned to love and value themselves. Instead, some seek a potential soulmate ( hate that term) to validate themselves. Some confuse attention with love. Hopeful fantasies and all that.