Notices

quick encouragement thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Angry quick encouragement thread

Okay, I'm shopping and my roommates came up with this great idea to have healthy meals for dinner but we have no supplies. I've delayed any real because we usually all go together. No one has bothered to really implement the plan and now i'm at the friggin' store at 5:14 trying to get a healthy dinner together for my husband and myself and am basically running from one end of the friggin' store to the other like a chicken with my head cut of and that liquor department is looking darn good right now. I'm pissed to the point of shaking. Damnitsomuch!!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
rode hard and put away wet

Don't let the booze win today. It's not worth it. Costs too much money, will rob you of any healthy decisions and will make you feel like sh!t tomorrow. Just forget about groceries and get out of the store for now.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree. Get out of the store if you feel that way. Order in.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Promise yourself you'll think about it later tonight before you go to bed, but remove it from the options available to you right now.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get out of the store and swing by a Subway on the way home, a fairly healthy option and no booze at Subway.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just relax and breath dG.

Either stop...and think of a quick and easy meal...or if getting dinner is that stressful, leave the store, and order out.

Don't dally in the alcohol aisle

D
Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Ok...i'm out. I like to think it can't happen but that demon inside me found a crack in my determination and tried to break in. I'm okay and i'm going to take the long way home to decompress. Great Subway idea. I always forget about them and they will be utilized in the future! Thank you all. This really helped.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I swear, this is just a day for irritation and aggravation. Now my husband is being ***** and basically telling me I can't go play laser tag tomorrow because of my ankle. So now that i'm sober, I get to sit on my ass in the huge just like when I was drunk. This is stupid. My ankle is fine with a brace and I ice it down before and afterwards. It's like living with my mother. Sometimes too much support is as bad as not enough.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Did you sprain it? I used to wrap my ankle with an ace bandage and get on my treadmill. It strengthen it. The ace bandage kept it from moving. If its broken, maybe not.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

It's some severe swelling in my Achiellie's tendon (sorry for the spelling). Mostly ice it, compression bandage and anti-inflammatories. K came back and apologized. He didn't realize how cooped up i'm feeling. I promised to take it slow and bring ice for before and after. I think i'm calling this my Day 7 Ragefest. In the past this would have been the beginning of a binge so I guess making it through this is a step in the right direction. Sorry for the unnecessary drama y'all. I appreciate the help.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not really unnecessary drama, but it showed you that you could get through a couple of quite annoying issues and not drink. Good for you! One thing I had to learn in early recovery was to say 'No', a word I rarely used. If someone said I should cook a healthy meal, I would have been running around like you did, but not anymore. I'm so glad you got through the day!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

would you go play laser tag if you got drunk, instead of staying sober?
(i think the alternative is still worse... stay home and be drunk and then feel miserable again. story of my life... past life, i hope)
Old 08-04-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I missed out on the last opportunity due to being drunk so going tomorrow is so important to me. I want to do and enjoy the things I couldn't before. Kev understood after I put it to him like that. I know I was being whiny but darn it, I am looking forward to sober fun!
Old 08-05-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

It sounds like you're doing everything right-you're recognizing the signs that would have triggered drinking and avoiding them. You're looking forward to something fun without booze. You're asking for help when you need it. I had a similar day around day 11-I was just in a pissy mood all around. It passed. Day 12 was much better. Have fun tomorrow!