My Relationship with You

Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Skipper

My Relationship with You

SR,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here 24/7 for me. There are friends in this world who say they will be, but never like this. You really mean it!!

Last week, I mentioned I talked to a member of my FOO. I thought he was doing well. I got news yesterday that hit me between my eyes about him.

My brain is doing those mental gymnastics and I'm flying with the SR net.

Thank you.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I understand what you are saying. When my life was in the middle of insanity this was the one place that made sense.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ditto -

Finding this forum way back in Oct 2003 - was a life changing experience for me - literally.

It was the only place where I felt that my decisions were validated ... and I finally stopped second guessing myself and my choices - and I stopped listening to the quaking.

I saw my crazy life being lived by so many people I had never met but came to know ... all because they kindly and honestly shared their heartbreaking experiences.

It was also the only place that provided the brutal reality and knowledge of what it was truly like to share your life with an alcoholic.

I was overwhelmed by despair late one night when I first found SR ... and from that point on, my life started to change giving me the strength and knowledge to finally take charge of my life.

This is an amazing place - Thank you SR!