Notices

22 days, love this community

Old 07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

22 days, love this community

Hi everyone!

Today I have 22 days. (Each day amazes me more and more!)

I posted a brief history about myself in the substance abuse forum, but my DOC was opiates (any, really) and at the end of my addiction, I was using IV. I quit using the "on my own, won't ask for help" formula in December. Stayed clean by the skin of my teeth for six months but of course that process FAILED.

This time I'm giving it up, letting it go. I AM an addict and I WILL do whatever is necessary to treat my disease. No more hiding, fear, lies, stubbornness, false pretensess.

I found lots of support here while lurking during my initial w/d and first attempt at sobriety. I want to thank you all for your bravery and sharing your stories. I never knew how much feeling connected with others in my situation (even just "virtually") could help me.

Currently I am in IOP treatment and attending meetings, maintaining my accountability to others. I am grateful to be here.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is a tough field to have an addiction. The stress of our job etc. We have a higher accountability than most professions. Afraid to reach out for help as it could quite possibly ruin our careers. So we suffer alone. At least that is how I feel. I am glad you are here. This site has been a tremendous source of strength for me. No judging. Day 16 (again) for me. Booze is my DOC. Glad to see you here.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm 22 also. I've enjoyed this site, also. Good luck to you.