Notices

New comber questions help

Old 07-23-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New comber questions help

I have decided to work towards stopping,,this is my second day i have been smoking close to 2 packs a day for along time, yesterday i bought a e-cig, with that the first day i smoked only 10 cigs,,so far today i have had only 2, although im using the e-cig when its bad,,i still feel its a start,,my question is,,i relize the e-cig delivers nicotine ,,does it still put tar in your lungs,,or will using this help clear my lungs of all the tar and junk that has built up,,i also relize this is a re3plcement of another problem,,lol but is it better for me phicialy,,until i can deal better with the mental habit,,any thoughts,,

thank you
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As long as your putting nicotene in your body you'll stay addicted, it's not as damaging to your lungs w/o the smoke part but the nicotene is the addictive substance.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll be honest, I've just bought an e-cig to help me quit too. It's pretty good, and no, it doesn't deposit tar because it's just water vapor. With mine, you can get refills with different strengths of nicotine, down to zero. I've started at a regular level (equivalent to a pack of Marlboro Gold) and the plan is to slowly work down to zero. I've come to the conclusion that whatever helps you quit is a personal thing...as long as the goal at the end is to done with them!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Amen newwings! It does not matter how you get there. Quitting smoking is HUGE and no one can tell you what works for you. Before I quit this time, I had tried everything over the years. Aromatics, hypnosis, patches, gum, lozenges, etc., etc. Nothing worked. I was not ready. Quit cold turkey 6 days ago and I am feeling strong and determined. It would not have worked a year ago. I was ready when I was ready.