Notices

Rough night

Old 07-15-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough night

Today is day 4. Yesterday was good even though I didn't have any sleep the night before. I even felt well enough to clean my car. I felt human again. Last night was hell. Tossed and turned all night. My arms or legs would jerk for no reason. When I did sleep, I had bizarre dreams. One of which was me sitting at the table drinking a whole bottle of vodka. Woke up twice in sheer terror screaming, thinking I was dying. Strange swirling patterns all around me, every noise in the room was amplified. Heart racing, breathing fast. It felt as though I did drink that entire bottle of vodka. I still feel so dizzy right now. Last time I quit is was rough in the first 2 days but by day 3, it was manageable. I can't wait to get through this. It feels like I am going backwards. I finally decided that I really need to give AA a try. Do all the steps. Not just go to the meetings. I have to try something different. I cannot go through this again. It gets worse each time.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi lpnangel

Im sorry to hear you had a rough night - but day 4...hey thats good going.
The dream sounds awful...hope you feel a bit better soon. Try re-hydrating-that seems to stop my head spinning.
Im half way through day 3 and also had a really strange dream/nightmare last night....all sorts of horrible stuff going on...I was quite glad to wake up to reality (somthing which I quite often do not like to do!!!)

Thinking of you...you can get through this

Bathsheeba
Old 07-15-2011, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Congrats on Day 4. Get to a meeting today, OK? Make this your last detox
Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Amen to that. I couldn't handle another alcohol withdrawal, the last was living Hell. Of course now I just cold turkey'd off Serequel (couldn't afford the 500% price hike on my insurance. I tossed and turned all night. Finally got up at 3:30am, just no use fighting it. Oh well, this too shall pass. My best to you with your plan and your sobriety.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You need to see a Dr. What you are describing is darn close to full blown DTs. These have a mortality rate of up to 35% if untreated. go see a Dr.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-15-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Ipnangel, your post was my exact experience, i thought i was reading my own words. My withdrawls were terrible and the night terrors were horific, but they pass and you get through it, just keep positive, you'll get there mate.

its my day 4 too and my first AA meeting is tonight, let me know how you get on in yours.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lpnangel View Post
I cannot go through this again. It gets worse each time.
It totally gets worse each time. I was right there six days ago. Alcohol will kill a determined drinker.

- nm1212
Old 07-15-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
You need to see a Dr. What you are describing is darn close to full blown DTs. These have a mortality rate of up to 35% if untreated. go see a Dr.
Ive been in full blown DT's for 3 days. It was better yesterday. And then today, BAM! Usually only last 3 days for me.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-15-2011 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am on day two. Last night was rough for me too. This is my third attempt to try in two weeks. Try to stick to it. I noticed for myself that going back and forth makes it worse. Hang in thier.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lpnangel View Post
It gets worse each time.
Yes it does. It's good motivation to work hard to keep it from happening again, isn't it? I remember the hell, too... The twitching arms and legs, the sweating, the anxiety and crippling fear. Horrible.

Best of luck. You're doing great!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I wish all you newcomers the best. However, going through detox on your own CAN be dangerous. I would hate for anything to go wrong. A check up with your Doctor is the safest way to go.

:ghug3
Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Was prescribed non narcotic medication when I went to ER on Tuesday. I didn't know it was used for DT's as well because it says for nausea and anxiety. I filled them this morning to get me through these next couple of days. Knocked me out for 2 hours but at least I do not have that feeling I had last night and this morning.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My only expereince with de tox symptoms lasted 3 nights and days. By day 4...they were finished and I was exhausted..

I had no idea that I needed medical assistance..that it would be so horrific and risky for me to do it without any....

Well....once was enough for me...I have no plans to return to alcohol and I have not for many years.....

This really can be your last go round with de toxing...I so hope it will..
Old 07-15-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm so happy to hear you went to the ER lpangel. I hope your feeling better today. Hang in there ...it does get better. Congrats on 4 days.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please do not hesitate to go back to the ER if you find you feel worse again, or concerned in anyway lpnangel

D
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Thinking of you and hoping things are improving......