Notices

Anxiety over health

Old 07-11-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety over health

My two herniated discs in my back are causing so much pain, which, in turn, is causing me A LOT of anxiety.

UGH.

Just wanted to vent.

Kelly

(I know we ALL have problems, we all have "our crosses to bear".)
Old 07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

I can so relate. I just started physical therapy to help give me some relief for my back pain. I am praying it works because 10 years of constant pain is a bit much. i guess my working as a paramedic for 12 years, then one motorcycle wreck that nearly killed me then getting rearended did my back in.

Just wanted to let you know someone else shares your frustration
Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry you're hurting...

:ghug3
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly,
I have a ruptured herniated disc too. It was causing me a lot of problems a few years back, but now it's not too bad.
It also caused me to start taking oxycodone. While it removed the back pain effectively, i found it to be useful for anxiety relief as well. So i fell into that hole for around a year.

Why does life have to be so hard? All of us just want to have calm minds, strong backs, and a few friends. We're not greedy. I don't want bill gates' money. I just want some peace of mind. None of these actions was taken in order to be nasty or addicted or anything. I didn't take oxy's to be a rock star. I was just taking doctor's meds. But then i started taking them because it solved a different problem, and that was my awkwardness around other people. I solved one problem, and created another. Sheesh! If happiness was created from the intention of an action, i'd be Buddha.
Happiness is more complicated than it appeared when i was younger. Back then, i figured i could identify a problem, then find a solution, and then apply the solution, and then Viola! i'd be happy. Ah, that equation isn't working for me anymore now that my problems are bigger.
Hope you feel better!
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

In terms of health anxiety, I do worry about my health to that degree and actually prefer it that way if it means stopping my drinking.

We should all be concerned about our health.

When I was in intermediate, I broke BOTH my arms. You can imagine the type of humiliating chain of events that occurred. It was hell for 8 weeks, but you just deal w/ it. Now days, I have the minor aches and pains.

Take cares.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for you ALL

for weighing in on my back problems.

I am sorry for your respective health problems, back pain, etc., also.

And you know, when I was in rehab, I met MANY people with bad backs, bad knees, etc....who had been PRESCRIBED Oxycotin for their pain - but then became addicted.

You're right, it's truly sad...the pills helped with the pain, but then lead to a NEW problem > namely, addiction.

Have a good day,

Kelly