Feeling very useless

Old 11-24-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Feeling very useless

First I want to say thank god for this site. It has given me a place to let my feelings out without starting a fight. What amazes me is the fact that she is sober now and acts like nothing is wrong. I am using the detach and love thing to heal my ragged nerves.I am probably not too good at this but I am trying. She has let so many chances for a good life get thrown by the wayside because of her drinking. Everyonee else is to blame never the alcohol.I am a very dismayed mother right now. Thanks for being here for me.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sadmama

The morning after is such an enlightened phase for alcoholics. They swear they will do better. They have no memory of their hurtful actions the night before...and you better not either damn it...because they don't want to hear about it.
You need to spend some time comforting yourself right now. A hot bath or hot shower. A hot drink of your choice (I highly recommend the Land 'O Lakes Mint Hot Chocolate, it is so divine). And some time spent in prayer for your daughter. Then, off to bed with you young lady. Just for today, you have done all that you can do. Tomorrow is a new day, filled with new opportunities.
Above all else, be good to yourself.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-24-2003, 08:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

Be strong, and have faith sadmama, I'm living proof prayers work. She'll have her day too.. just have to believe!
Old 11-24-2003, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Be extra good to YOU! She will do what she does, and this might be the time and it might not... only she and her Higher Power will know for sure!

Lots of love and hugs
O59
Old 11-24-2003, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Just wanted to send some warm hugs your way as well.
Gabe is so right... you have done all you can do; it's time for YOU now.
Keep praying those frustrations away and allow your HP to take care of that which is out of your hands.

Take care
Meg
Old 11-25-2003, 07:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

From one Mom to another

Mom...I can feel you pain and it brings back so many memories...times when Sonny would come home and be so smashed ...and me having to walk behind him at 19 like I did when he was a year old...just making sure he didn't fall down. I remember so many times thinking about the night of his birth..painful and wrenching..but thankfully..over fast...and yet here we are...X many years later..and they are still ripping our hearts out. I have decided that for the rest of this year...and on in to however many more...that I am what's important. I am the one that is responsible for keeping ME healthy and for keeping ME happy. Sonny is most definatly responsible for making me feel beaten down...but I am the one that has the option to stand up .. dust myself off..and walk on...or stay beaten down...I WON'T GIVE HIM THAT ANYMORE....I had given him that power by begging him to stop..to see how he had thrown away college..thrown away so very much..asking why did he want to hurt me...yada yada yada....He didn't hear any of that....he saw my mouth moving...but he would be so befuddled...he heard his own blood rushing...the sound of his breathing....but not the sound of this mothers heart breaking.
You have gotten some good advice here. Please, please take care of yourself today..and everyday. The hot cocoa is a wonderful idea...especially if it is consumed in a hot bubble bath. Know that there are those here that have walked or are walking the same path as you...For me...that is a God send. I have very stong shoulder and while the arms are small..they give great hug. Yours for the asking.