Notices

After two years of procrastination, I cleaned my patio

Old 06-27-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After two years of procrastination, I cleaned my patio

I've been meaning to do it, but before doing any yard work, I usually drank. Before doing any construction, I usually drank. Before cleaning, I usually drank... I drank because it was mundane, and boring.

This means that usually nothing ever got done. If it did get done, it was only half way done, and never finished. You get the idea. Odds are you have been there too.

My patio is now clean. I'm preparing to turn it into a nice backyard paradise, which I deserve.

Every day sober I find something to do that I've been putting off for a while. What will tomorrow bring?

Oh yeah, and the accomplishment I felt after finally doing it was awesome! This is much better than waking up the next day and being surprised that laundry was done, because Drunk Me did then while Sober Me was taking a nap.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great work Jose... I spent yesterday cleaning up my place too - it really is a nice feeling when it's done

D
Old 06-27-2011, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
MINEr

I find it amazing I get those mundane chores done much faster now, because instead of drinking through the work, I adopt a "get it the f**k done attitude" and do it. Good job!(and thanks, it was getting to be an eyesore from my backyard )
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job, GBJ! I too - am able to do many more tasks from start to finish. I have also seen that I take JOY in things that were once "mundane". Every completed task is a reward. Life is just a whole lot simpler and enjoyable now.

I find great joy in pruning my rose bushes out in the front yard. It feels great to care for and about my things, and myself. Think of the great moments you can now have basking in nature on your patio.

I love your quote about Drunk Me and Sober Me. I'm going to remember that one and stash it in my tool box. Thanks!