Notices

So sick of being a sloppy drunk...

Old 06-20-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So sick of being a sloppy drunk...

My alcohol addiction has created so much strife in my life. Tired of these countless nights spent getting drunk, waking up the next day and not remembering a thing about what happened and how I got home last night. I am so blessed to have everything in my life and so appreciate of the fact that I haven' gotten myself into some serious trouble after my reckless behavior and constant abuse of alcohol.

I generally almost never drink on weekdays but on friday-sun, it's like a no holes barred effort to get inebriated. I drink like a fish and constantly guzzle down alcohol without ever thinking about the consequences, about my behavior and how others view me when I'm in this state of drunkenness. It has become such a huge source of shame and embarrassment for me.

I just hope I can stick to this path now that I have decided to quit once and for all. Not a sip, not "just 1 glass of wine" or "just 1 beer". I'm done.. Thanks for reading. I'm so glad I found this site.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

I was like that too ruben - unfortunately for me tho it progressed from the weekends to every day.

You're wise to tackle this now

Whats your plan to stay sober?

D
Old 06-20-2011, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

to SR
Old 06-20-2011, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I too became a blackout drunk...and did all sorts of dangerous things ..it was a bad time for me.
The good news....the blackouts stopped immeidately when I quit drinking...

Many of us are winning over alcohol...and Yes! you can too...Welcome...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Carol already said it all:
"Many of us are winning over alcohol...and Yes! you can too...Welcome... "
Old 06-21-2011, 01:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
instant

I am glad you are here, and you have decided to make changes
Old 06-21-2011, 01:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think it is good to admit complete defeat. Make the decision to change.

Our very experience proves to us that we will always have this drunken life unless we take action to change.

If we can see our reality, and admit we are hopeless as we are...then we can make a decision to turn it around. We must be honest with ourselves and others.

And of course...we must ask for help. Be honest, openminded and willing to change.

I am hoping you find what will work for you. I am hoping change and good health is in your future.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 5 and I'm kinda proud of myself. But it's the real test now.. The weekend!

My friend already called me and asked me to go out with them tomorrow night. I feel absolutely confident that I'll get through this weekend.

Looking forward to a hangover free Sunday.. kinda excited!!!!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on day 5! The weekend will probably seem strange (and long!), but it gets better. Keep that picture of a hangover-free morning in your mind - you can do it!
Old 06-24-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ETA

I swear I could have written that post exactly except I had upped it to 2 even 3 nights a week.

I just went to see a friends band and drank 3 club sodas. Home now and am looking forward to waking up tomorrow and remembering every moment of tonight!!
Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have a confession to make.. I relapsed last Saturday. But I made it through this entire holiday weekend without drinking! So I've only drank 1 out of the last 16 days..

I already feel better.. My head is more clear. My thoughts are not all over the place and my mind has stopped racing like it used to. I can focus on stuff more.. So I have a feeling that the alcohol was the one actually causing my anxiety. I'm liking this so far! Hopefully it'll get easier and better from here..
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is great! It only gets better.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Most of us have relapsed. What are you doing differently this time to prevent it from happening again?
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Came to Believe

Thank you for your honesty Ruben.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
Most of us have relapsed. What are you doing differently this time to prevent it from happening again?
For now, and I think this is probably not the right long term solution, I'm just staying away from people, friends and situations where I'm tempted to drink. And the people I mostly hang out with always drink so that makes it even tougher! I've been trying to find things to keep myself busy and away from these influences.. Going to gym, Toastmasters classes, Meetup groups etc. Stuff that I've been putting off over and over that I need to do to improve my overall lifestyle and break this cycle of drinking and self sabotage!

Must say I'm so glad I found this site.. You all are very supportive! Thank you.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow. sounds exactly like me. its like when your out there is not stopping point. no limit. i would drink so much in 4 hours, it was like cramming a months worth of drinking into one night. the worst part is spending money...alot of money, and not remembering where it all went. or even remembering if you had a good time or not! I too cant just have "one" glass of wine...i more of a whoel bottle drinker..and my reasoning behind that was because the bottles arent that big. the thing that bugs me the most is the embarrassment. how i cant show my face in any bar around my town bc of how i was the weekend before.

Im with you. im done. no more. i can learn to have a good time without getting wasted. this site is awesome, glad you joined
Old 07-05-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Right congrats on your days so far keep going foward!

I was a blackout drunk and drank every morning day and night for a lot of years.

I now have 15 days lets keep it up.

Its crazy it been two weeks and I still shake man oh man.