Notices

Daily Reflections--FEAR AND FAITH

Old 06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Arrow Daily Reflections--FEAR AND FAITH

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^s^*~*~*~*~*

FEAR AND FAITH

The achievement of freedom from fear is a lifetime undertaking, one that can never be wholly completed. When under heavy attack, acute illness, or in other conditions of serious insecurity, we shall all react to this emotion -- well or badly, as the case may be. Only the self-deceived will claim perfect freedom from fear.

AS BILL SEES IT, p. 263

Fear has caused suffering when I could have had more faith. There are times when fear suddenly tears me apart, just when I'm experiencing feelings of joy, happiness and a lightness of heart. Faith and a feeling of self-worth toward a Higher Power -- helps me endure tragedy and ecstasy. When I choose to give all of my fears over to my Higher Power, I will be free.

Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In terms of limiting fear, I found it helpful to reel my mind back in, to stop projecting on the future. Anyway, my ability to accurately predict the future is dreadful.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post and it hits home for me. I have a court case open and I am certain that I will be locked away, my thinking based on what occurred in the past. However I am still free and walk the streets when previosly I would be sitting in jail waiting the sentence, hmmmm. I can not help projecting and allow that thinking to stir anxiety which focuses on the impending doom I am forecasting. This heightens my emotion and I have to do something before I...resort to old behavior! Yeah, thoughts lead to emotion which lead to action. The counter to my fear is faith and as our book says faith without works is dead. I take the proper steps to stir that faith into a flame, pray, read, post,call friends,meetings, and when all else fails help the newcomer. Now faith keeps me within 24 hours and not months in the future. I am making decisions today that i can be proud of. Each moment I am doing something that is a benefit to others and myself. I am focused on my choices today and not kicking my bum for the poor ones I made months ago. "For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself" p55 And just perhaps living this way, in this design i will continue to see His miraculous demonstration in the very thing I am fearful of,huh?
Old 06-24-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I hope things smooth out for you soon...
Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I often wonder if fear doesn't have 2 children named depression and anxiety.