Notices

2 years clean

Old 06-03-2011, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovered

2 years clean

Dear Recovery Family,

I don't post here much (sex addict, too...mostly internet hook-ups....so no internet for me usually).

I came here 2 years ago, getting clean off IV whatchagot (H, dilaudid, MSO4 mostly). I had a pretty bad kick. This place really helped me not lose my mind completely. Thank you for that.

I had a treatment plan in the beginning and, for the most part, still follow it to this day. Essentially I don't use, go to meetings 4-5x/week (yes, AA/NA works for this atheist), work the steps with a sponsor, and sponsor others.

I have a life today that is beyond description. My living hell seems so long ago....BUT, I remind myself in my daily meditation that I am AN ADDICT and will always be either moving toward using or away. I have a choice today - to not use one day at a time.

Again, thank you for being here for me.

mfanch
Old 06-03-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank YOU. I always like to hear about atheists in AA/NA, it gives me hope that maybe one day I'll drag my lazy but over there. It's also great to hear that you are happy with your sober life, it gives me even more motivation to stay sober.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FT

Hi mfanch:

Hey, this one is a healthy internet, uh........ addiction. Well, it's okay to be here and post, and your success story helps others know it can be done.

FT
Old 06-03-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations mfanch

D