Moved halfway across country to...

Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Breathing

Moved halfway across country to...

Hey All...

I havent been around in the past few weeks because I was moving half way across country to start a new job AND to get away from my A and despite all the phone calls and texts that she has sent me, the manipulative "my world is over" and the "you couldn't let me just have a little bit of life, you had to be controlling and not let me drink ever or smoke ever. We could have been together if you would have lightened up just a little bit", despite that all, I feel so much better to be away from her unhealthy lifestyle. Most days, she leaves me alone and even though I know she isnt doing well and even though I truly wish she was, I know that I made the right decision to get away from a manipulative, mean, nasty, moody, lying, unstable alcholic who I was letting ruin my life.

I am really glad I found this site because I am able to read other peoples stories, look back on how I was feeling just a few weeks ago, and realize that a) I am not a bad person for not wanting to live the type of life she and I were having and I am a strong enough person to make a change.

I moved here alone and am still getting used to having only be responsible for myself but so far, I am really enjoying it. I am going to keep working to maintain the positive feelings I am having so I dont fall back into the ideas of her. Wish me luck! I wish you all luck, as well!!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good For You...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your move! Have you found the AlAnon meeting yet? I'm in a pretty small town, and it's reassuring to see members of the meeting around, even though we don't say hi or anything.
SR is great for when you can't get to a meeting; the Stickies are especially useful. Take a deep breath - starting over can be a lot of fun!

- Sylvie