Notices

Thankful for Sunday School

Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful for Sunday School

I had the best Sunday School teacher you could ever have, Mrs. Yockey. She was so kind and gentle and the opposite of my mother so I can really learn the Bible from her and actually live it.

Tonight I attended my 65th meeting in 49 days and got reminded why I am here. The beautiful young woman with a crutch had caught my attention in recent meetings. We knew we knew each other. She was the substitute lead tonight.

She's been through hell from before she was adopted into a good Christian family and after. She told how her life got so bad she tried to commit suicide three times. She said a Sunday School teacher's influence on her kept her from going through with it.

It was me! She was in my class 30 years ago as I tried to give back what Mrs. Yockey had given to me. You could have heard a pin drop the whole lead but that one really hit home when we both realized who each other were.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this but I am full of gratitude and thankfulness God got us both to this point as we both listened just enough to get here without totally destroying ourselves and our spirituality.

We were raised with the old moral method out here in the country so it biased our thinking on our disease but we knew we didn't want that for eternity.

This is amazing. Thank you, Lord.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post farmer Me too, thankful for the Mrs. Yockey's of the world.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

A powerful share ....thanks so much.....

My drinking took me far away from my solid religious upbringing when I began AA....I had no idea that God and a spirit directed
life were involved.

I found returning to my childhood Sunday School God of love and forgiveness to be comforting and so glad we were old friends...

It tickled me that I could remember so many SS teachings and
songs....."Jesus Loves Me" and "Come Into My Heart" are favorites.