Notices

iii. Feeling Stable

Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

iii. Feeling Stable

Day Three of the preface. I think I'll be okay tonight because the finale of the Biggest Loser is on--we will stay home to watch that. Hysterical.

I looked under the bathroom sink this morning. Let me just say that I'm going to have to talk to my bathroom partner....

The scary changes are about to begin.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What did you find under the sink?

Happy iii Day
Old 05-17-2011, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep it rolling Missy! You got this beat this time around I'm sure! just tell telling yourself how awesome it feels not to drink, because it does!

And yes, whats under that sink! You cant leave us hanging like that! Come on now!

-Ryan
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Under the sink was some icky party stuff that I wouldn't have let in the house if I wasn't soused. There. I said it. I'm quite liberal and originally from California--if that gives me any credibility on this score--but some of my "lines" get fuzzy when I'm not sober. Now I will want to start redrawing these lines.

This is where the tension comes in. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

I do feel a nice sense of calm and fortitude on Day iii. I suppose it might be because the weather is a tiny bit better. I'm in the Northwest and it has rained and rained and rained.

I stayed in the bars all this winter and spring in order not to drown in the rain. I mean, seriously. We've lived here twenty-five years (or more) and this is bar none the worst, ugliest winter we have had. The ONLY reason I didn't have a cataclysmic depression is because I was hungover
Old 05-17-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

We must be in the same backyard. I did have to go on antidepressants. Is this going to continue until next winter? Yikes~!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It just snowed here where I live yesterday! I kid you not. Middle of may and 8 inches of snow on the ground. Craziness! Oh and I live in freaking California!!! lol. Mind you I live in the Sierras of the state. In between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. But still!! Snow - California - Mid May.. just wild!

-Ryan
Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm starting to worry about it. All those science fiction movies with the dripping wet futuristic environments. The flooding around the world is just uncanny.

I have a fabulous sunlamp at my desk. It doesn't look like an SAD lamp, so I don't mind it. It probably helps. I finally got a window this year. Now I can watch it rain!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Missy,

I just wanted to say hi and more importantly Congrats on getting to Day III!!
I'm on your magical Day V right now andd each day has been just a tiny bit better than the last. But the further I get away, the better I feel just about that alone. No big revelation there

Also, I'm a HUGE fan of the Biggest Loser myself! Watch it every week! So right there with ya last night lol. Keep it up and keep updating. So happy for you.

Jay
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Missy!