Notices

new here,going through 0xycodone withdrawll

Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new here,going through 0xycodone withdrawll

I'm going through withdrawll from oxycodone have been takeing 30 mil oxy ir for some time now just ran out yesterday morning had a preskripton for 90 pills on the 28th and they didn't last but 9 or 10 days fealing horribe today I'm really sick of the cycle of being well when I have them and fealing horrible when I don't just need someome to talk to my next preskription isn't for anotherr 19 days so it looks like I'm going to be going through withdrawll this time for longer then I have every been hope someone can talk to me and help me through this
Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Servant of God

If you are posting here then you are probably aware that the path you are on doesn't end well. The withdrawals can last for weeks but after about 5 days or so you will feel a bit better.

Definately seek medical advice from your Dr.

There is no time like the present to quit...you will have already made it through the toughest withdrawals anyways.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi tat2ed - welcome to the forum. My addiction was to alcohol, but there are a lot of people here who have gotten off oxys. There's a section on this forum devoted to substance abuse and I know you'll get a lot of support there, too:Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

When I was going through withdrawals, I kept reminding myself that at least the pain was going to get me somewhere, get me out of the vicious cycle of use/withdrawal/use/withdrawal. No one deserves to live like that.

Have you talked to your doctor at all or considered a medical detox? I know it's going to be hard no matter what, but it's so important for us to have support and help during this time. I'm just glad you're here. You had the courage to do this and the courage to reach out.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

Welcome to the club tat2edcoure! I have a question, are you just looking for help to get through this withdrawal and then stopping or just trying to ease your way through till your next round of pills? You say your script lasted 9-10 days? Next time it will be 8-9, than 8, you see where I'm going. That is a terrible cycle to be a part of, I went cold turkey 10 days ago and I feel amazing! Definitely not 100%, but much than I ever felt while taking Ox. After day 3 I was working out and was able to be active. Sleeping sucked for awhile, but last night, I slept like a ROCK for 10 hours!!! I did slept an extra 2 hours simply cause it felt so good! You'll get through this, as long as you don't take ANY THING! Withdrawals have a shelf life, and the clock never stops ticking. Each second that goes by you're one second closer to being YOU again! You need to highly consider talking to your doc and NOT refilling that next prescription. Good luck to, stay in touch, I just went through it so I understand quite well what you're going through. Lastly, If you're not ready to quit and are just thinking about taking a pill to feel better, well, those withdrawals will NEVER end

Last edited by SgtFCAmerica; 05-09-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar
Old 05-09-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks and I know I have been through withdrawll many times before and it def dosent get and eaiser each time it just keeps geting harder the only reason I keep takeing the oxy is cause it keeps me from being sick and that's all I know I have to make the choise in myself to quit but relaps is hard to over come this time I probly will go hopefully until I am not sick to the point where I will use again but only time will tell I have a hard road ahead of me and I apreciate any help or advise that I get
Old 05-09-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

and to answer question sgtFCamerica I want to stop yes more then ever and believe me I know about the up and down of the medication not lasting been going through the cycle for some time now and for sure this is the longest span I have between preskriptions so I hope with all my heart that I can beet this
Old 05-09-2011, 08:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

You can beat this ad live a sober life, but you need to decide that you are not just waiting for the next prescription, you are stopping for good. And, please do check with your dr.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MIND OF DESTRUCTIVE TASTE

Hi Tat2 Welcome to SR - This is a wonderful place full of support, understanding and information.

I've personally had experience with OC's and many other opiate pain killers.

Are you truly ready to quit? Or are you planning on going thru the w/d's to only turn around and get your script filled in 19 days? I am asking because I have been there...quite a few times.

You NEVER, ever have to go thru the pure he!! and pain of w/d's again if you are 110% ready and commited..and willing to pour your energy into your recovery. It will NOT be easy but let me tell you - it IS worth it.

If you would like to chat sometime, please feel free to PM me because I understand and I have been in your shoes so many times, I have honestly lost count.

I hope you find the strength within yourself to put this horrible crap pills down and find recovery for yourself - you ARE worth it. I am sorry that you are struggling but it will get easier as the days pass.

Also if you have the time, you should check out the thread kicking the ox - alot of information and many people who have gone thru/going thru what you are going thru right now. Also the substance abuse forums are great as well.

Keep posting, keep reading - we will be with you every step of the way. Take care of yourself *hug*

-Jess
Old 05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

sorry and thanks everyone slept for a few hours and woke up fealing horrible I know as time goes by it will get worse before it gets better I hate fealing like this and want it to stop the symtoms are fll blown and I'm in the middle of the first day with nothing cramps in whole body pain in whole body stuffy nose coughfing snezing belly pain on and on my one friend told me once that the pills are like a credit card what ever you take you have to pay back and boy was he right
Old 05-09-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

4pm and I'm so ancy feal so bad can't relax at the same time can't get up for long iv been through alot in my life and I have to say this is the worst I just want it to go away please god make it go away
Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
What would Captain America do?

It's only a few days of feeling like complete crap! You know it will get better, just try to think about anything else besides how crappy you feel. I know everyone says it's the worst thing in the world, I've been through it more than once and I disagree! Spend the summer in the middle east dodging bullets, I'll take a week of sickness any day! Not trying to make light of anyone's recovery, just trying to lift some spirits, it COULD be worse! Not sure how you're handling the W/D's, but I hope you are drinking a lot of juice and water, vitamins, eating good meals, TRYING to get exercise and nice HOT baths!!!! One thing I did this past couple weeks was READ, READ, READ. I was on here a ton and finished 2 books! The clock never stops, you will get through this, as long as you don't take anything, whether you want to or not!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tat2edcoure View Post
sorry and thanks everyone slept for a few hours and woke up fealing horrible I know as time goes by it will get worse before it gets better I hate fealing like this and want it to stop the symtoms are fll blown and I'm in the middle of the first day with nothing cramps in whole body pain in whole body stuffy nose coughfing snezing belly pain on and on my one friend told me once that the pills are like a credit card what ever you take you have to pay back and boy was he right
That's a good analogy. Just focus on the fact that after this passes you'll never have to go through it again. Don't give in and get any more prescriptions, it's truly not worth it.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm ristricted in the way of things I have to combat wd I don't have vit no juice and not much to eat I don't have a job right now so money is not there and I don't have a car so geting places to get stuff is hard and I know your only trying to help and I am sure being in a combat sicuation is no fun at all I'm just at the point where time look like it will go on and on even know I know one day will come where I will feal better
Old 05-09-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Can you see a dr. ? I'm sure someone can give you some things to help you get through this.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

and I know crittery but relaps is always a factor and that is something I am going to have to deal with but this time even know I want to stop I'm forsed to by the leanth of days I have till I can get any medication and like I said I have no money so it's not like I can buy it off the street so I'm in it for the long haul weather I want to be or not
Old 05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

a dr I went to the er once and they gave me clonddine and ristral witch didn't take away the severe pain or most of the symtoms and I have a gen dr but no money to go see him so I'm between a rock and a hard place
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Is there anything you can do to take your mind off it? What sort of hobbies do you like?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hum hobies well I'm limited to what I have basically watch tv post on here pace outside or play video games when I feal like this it's hard to focus on things like tv and video games but I understand that if I dwell on it of corse it's going to make things worse also I am haveing a hard time with craveings because it's the first day I will admit if I could take something I probly would at this point not saying I will
Old 05-09-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sometimes I can get stuck reading wikipedia for hours... or watching random stuff on youtube. Music clips are always fun to watch and listen to.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

ya the computer is a good way to spend time right now my computer is down I'm using my phone to post stuff on here