Some thoughts on Mom's Day

Old 05-08-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some thoughts on Mom's Day

Wishing a happy and serene day with strength to stay the course, especially to moms and also to dads, families, friends and mentors of those (young and not so young) children, who struggle daily with substance dependence.

It has been a rough week, am slipping somewhat to enabling and (I guess)reactional behaviors with adult son, who now faces (more) legal issues. I sort of switched places these last few days with husband, who I had been encouraging to detach, where now he is the mostly calm, rational and encouraging one, speaking to me about detaching. Funny how a turn of events can quickly knock me down and really affect my resolve to stay strong and focused.

I have the Serenity Prayer by my side, which helps me to stay focused, have been redirecting my thoughts toward recognizing and being thankful for the blessings I do have, including wonderful family members, who inspire me with how they face/have faced very difficult issues in recent times, and who have also reached out to all of us with their support and love. I have also been working on handing over my uneasiness, anxiety and irrational fears to my HP.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My wishes for a Happy Mother's Day for you Anaya and for all the moms and non-moms here.

I included non-moms because I feel like one too, my son has been missing so long now.

This can be a hard day for me if I allow it, but this afternoon I am taking some flowers and walking along the water to talk to my mother and my mother-in-law, both gone now, to thank them for all the kindness, nurturing and wisdom they gave me and the legacy of love they passed on.

It is a good day to just be happy for all the good things in our lives and let the unpleasant things wait for another day...maybe Mother's Annoyance Day, which falls the second Tuesday of every month...or so I now declare.

May you all have a day that is as special as you are.

8Happy Mother's Day!!8
Old 05-08-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann - what a wonderful post.

That is a good one - Mother's Annoyance Day -
Old 05-08-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Mothers Day......Bah Humbug.

BUT, I did receive a beautiful picture of my grandson from his thoughtful momma. In a gorgeous frame!

AND jailbird son sent a card, and has called 2 days in a row, after I directly stated my boundary of one call every two weeks.
Hmmm...that's what answering machines are made for, I think I'll be using it more.

And........have not heard a word from NC son....so actually it is a very pleasant Mothers day overall.

AND...we are going to a Mothers Day Buffet with Mr. Mooses family...

Happy Mothers Day to everyone......remember...it's YOUR day!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers out there! This is a day that could bring much saddness to some of us if we let it. I love Ann's sentiment......let's honor our mothers whether they are still here on earth with us or watching us from above. May God grant serenity to those mothers who have children who are missing or are so deep in the grasp of addiction that they cannot honor their mothers today. And may the mothers who are raising their children alone because their husbands or SO's are also currently lost to addiction find peace and joy in their children today.

Mothers are special people. I was particularly blessed with a very special Mother. We are taking her to dinner tonight to honor her and let her know that she is much loved and appreciated.

gentle hugs to all of the Mothers here on SR
ke