Notices

Last mother's day...

Old 05-08-2011, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Last mother's day...

I started a 2 day bender, culminating in me fainting on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night, pulling down the towel rail and missing my son's preschool graduation.

Some mother, huh?

When I sobered up (from that) I continued to drink for another 3.5 months. I finally quit on August 23rd.

Happy Mother's Day and a huge to everyone on SR. I am positive I wouldn't be sober without you.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a difference a year makes, huh?

I have been trying to remember what i did for mother's day last year. I know my husband and i went to a brunch. Our reservations were at like 11:00. I wanted a drink, but alas, it was too early. I was edgy because of that. I tried to make it no big deal, but it sat in my head, eating at me. Don't really recall what we did the rest of the day. I quit drinking about 4 weeks later.

Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Happy Mother's Day back at you.....:day6 And we wouldn't be sober without you either!!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I dont' remember what I did last year...probably not interesting and probably involved booze! LOL This year I worked -which was fun. You'd be surprised how many guys wait till the last moment to buy flowers. They were discounted already and I teased them that they'd better remember to take the price tag off. He he.

Glad so much has changed for you in a year...awesome recovery. Glad you are here.

Happy Sober Mother's Day.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Old 05-08-2011, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

haha I've pulled down the towel rail before. Thank God those days are over.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Thanks everyone. I feel such shame over last year. It was nice to have a different kind of day! As a gift my family put together a gift basket (I have 2 small children so I guess it was mainly my DH). But anyway it was some teas, soap, these crackers I like and a balloon from my 2 year old lol.

I was just struck by how much more personal this year's was and how in prior years I'd probably have (secretly) thought it was kind of dull. But it's perfect. It's just reflective of how much has changed. How I enjoy and find comfort in little things now. How I've fleshed out my life.