Notices

Oblivious!

Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Oblivious!

Day 4 now and if you can believe this I have noticed many things around me that i didn't when I was boozing. One example I just took down a Xmas card from on top of my cubicle wall facing the rest of the office that i didn't even notice was up their. Wonder what they were thinking? My office lamp has been on for a year, I have a stack of sales leads on the side of my desk and never returned their calls, one of the kitchen lights have been out in the house for 6 months never noticed..asked the wife she said "I was waiting for you to change it", stuff in the pantry that shouldn't be in there, wow these past few days have been crazy! Notice all the small things that were so over looked for the past 2 years. This is really an eye opener, first time in 2 years watching a movie and remembered the ending this morning. In the past I couldn't ask my wife because I didn't want her to know how drunk i was so i would look it up online. Great since of well being today and i don't want this to go away!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

Isn't it wonderful? Keep appreciating all that great stuff. It'll keep you going!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

This is really an eye opener, first time in 2 years watching a movie and remembered the ending this morning. In the past I couldn't ask my wife because I didn't want her to know how drunk i was so i would look it up online.

This is hysterical! The lengths we would go to just to attempt to hide the extent of our addiction. Funny thing is, they knew anyway, regardless of our attempts at hiding it. Congratulations, H2Q! I hope you have many, many more days of revelation ahead!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

taking care of the small things that need doing around the house is very gratifying...changing lights, tidy up, things your wife cannot do if she is very pregnant and not able to climb around.

Congrats on Day #4!!! your first SOBER WEEKEND! hope you are sleeping better....follow up on your sales leads if it's worth it too.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4, too, and REALLY impressed that for the last few nights, I've been reading my usual bed time book with BOTH eyes open rather than closing one to stop the double vision, and I can actually remember what I read the night before! I can't believe how many books I've read and completely forgotten doing so.....
Old 04-23-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember needing to re-watch the end of a movie the next day to see what happened.

If I was reading a book while drinking and finished it, I often had to reread the last couple of chapters to see how it ended.

Madness!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 4

D
Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's wonderful, revel in the joy of it all.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 4 days! it gets a lot better too!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

There is a line in the AA BB something about
"seeing the world thru a new pair of glasses"
and
there is an AA book by Chuck C..."A new pair of glasses"

Good to know you have your sobriety specs on....

Keep in focus...you too can find your way
Old 04-23-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I parked my Jeep a few times knowing I was on a mission...better stagger home on foot..wake up with a start..look out the window..remembered I parked it but WHERE? Having to call for someone to drive me around to find it. Insane. It is not like losing your keys..it is a whole JEEP! Anyway..now it is with me always and I know who what when and why of what I do. Gotta love it! Keep on keepin on..it gets better!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hoping2quit View Post
Day 4 now and if you can believe this I have noticed many things around me that i didn't when I was boozing.

....... wow these past few days have been crazy! Notice all the small things that were so over looked for the past 2 years. This is really an eye opener, first time in 2 years watching a movie and remembered the ending this morning. In the past I couldn't ask my wife because I didn't want her to know how drunk i was so i would look it up online. Great since of well being today and i don't want this to go away!

Man, your post just reminds me how grateful I am for sobriety.

Having the opportunity to really " live in the present "

Thanks, .....and congrats on your 4 days !!