self care and following your gut

Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

self care and following your gut

Good news, for a change.

I met with some musical friends and had a jam, where I got to SING MY HEART OUT in harmonies with the other singers while all sorts of musicians played together.
How lovely and wonderful and joyous! I used to be in a singing group and I haven't sung with others in a long time and it made me SOOOO happy!!

On another note, at work, I have been interviewing employees.
I got it down to three and we had second interviews scheduled for next week.
Then, one called this afternoon and said he had another job offer and he needed to know TONIGHT if we were going to hire him because he preferred us, but needed to accept the sure thing.

So, we interviewed him (with 2 of the 3 of us) and had 30 minutes to decide. Needless to say, it was a tough choice! I was concerned that to offer him the job would be unfair to the others...he had another job lined up and I didn't know if the others did...
My boss asked me what my gut said.
I replied that it was this guy, then threw in a bunch of caveats.
She reminded me to trust my gut. She said it wasn't my job to take care of their lives.
So, we offered him the job!
Wow! Such a quick, non-dramatic, simple, gut-following decision.
SO COOL.
I have to call the other two and say they were great, but it won't work out, which is fine! It was a great experience for me.
Our new employee said it was probably the greatest moment of his life, and I believe him! LOL! Being asked to come work in this national park is a precious, special thing!!

So, that's just a lot of greatness in one week...and if there is a government shut down, well that's just more time to play for me!

HOORAY!

peace
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love love love happy posts!

Thanks, FP! Intuition, when used, is such a valuable trait. The more I listen to mine, the more "right" I become in my choices.

~T
Old 04-06-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I always went with my gut in over eleven years of hiring. I never made a mistake. But I had to learn the hard way that a honed resume and qualifications on paper weren't everything.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey FP -

I read this last night and thought, "Man, the winds of change are bringing good things to us all!!" (because I too had a great day yesterday and focused on taking care of me).

Recovery in action is a beautiful thing
Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Learning to dare to trust that gut feeling again is hard after living with an A, but it's exhilarating when you do and realize you can!

I'm still working on that -- because half the time I don't know what's my gut and what's my codependency...