Weak Day

Old 03-28-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weak Day

Went to AS sentencing today. I probably shouldnt have gone, but I did. As he stood in the prisoners box, my stomach churned. I kept thinking " what ifs',all I wanted to do was to hug him. I kept thinking he is 23 yrs. old he should be working, a girlfriend a normal life, yet here he stands in handcuffs incarcerated and a drug addict. It is all so sad. He made no eye contact with me just stood there with his head hanging. Unfortunately they did not sentence him today, back to court on May 26, they asked for a physc assessment. Reality brought me back to earth when I stopped my his room for rent this evening. Absolutely disgusting , drug paraphelia all over the floor, rotten food etc. I know its the best place for him, and he must face the consequences. I really hate these days. I just pray for him and his recovery.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

katie
I'm so sorry that you had to witness your son like that....it breaks my heart. Perhaps some time in jail will be what he needs to turn his life around. He is young and it's never too late.

gentle hugs from another Mom who understands
ke
Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Might you consider adding a prayer for your own recovery. I swear this stuff is like a PSTD thing for us moms.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for strength today~

Roo
Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its not weakness, it's just sadness.We love our kids, it is sad to see someone we love hurting themselves.Staying in the pain is weak, feeling it is not.I think you have a very strong recovery going..it doesn't mean you won't have some sad, tough days..:ghug3
Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank goodness he's in jail and has this opportunity to make a life change at 23. I think it's so sweet you went and saw him sentenced. It shows him you love him. However, your love goes deeper than that - you are able to love him enough to stand back and let him feel the full consequences of drug use. Don't make it easy on him. This is his chance to take responsibility for his actions! He's really lucky actually. Some addicts never get those opportunities, or don't get them until they are 40 or 50... Your son has so much life ahead of him.

It's hard not to be fatalistic or deterministic about things when you watch someone suffering for the bad choices they made, but we should always remember that life is a journey, and at 23, it's not over but just beginning.

Stay strong in your own recovery.

(((hugs)))