Notices

Itching

Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Itching

Does anybody have itching all over when withdrawing from alcohol?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, but you might want to see a doctor about that. Not to scare you, but itching is a symptom of liver disease. Most likely you do not have liver problems, but just to be safe.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I didn't have itching, but I googled it and found this;

"some of the more common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal: anxiety, agitation, restlessness, insomnia, feeling shaky inside, loss of appetite, nausea, changes in sensory perception (skin feels itchy, ordinary sounds seem louder than usual, average light seems startlingly bright), headache, and heart palpitations. Common physical signs include vomiting, sweating, increase in heart rate, increase in blood pressure, tremor (shakiness of hands and sometimes face, eyelids, and tongue), and seizures."

Quitting under doctor supervision is advisable.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I did have itching for a few days every time I "stopped". For me, it only lasted a couple of days but concerned me as well because I know it can be a sign of liver problems. Fortunately it wasn't in my case, I think it was just part of withdrawal. If it continues or worries you, it may be a good idea to check with your doctor. Good luck!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Party....I did when I was drinking and I went to the Dr. It was a horrible all over itching and I have to say that when I quit drinking it is very rare that I get it anymore.

Please check in with your Dr. as there are many causes and they can help you find best treatment.