Notices

Two years later, I'm back...

Old 03-17-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two years later, I'm back...

Hello fellow forum members

Well, who would have thought that after my introduction to meth almost 2 years ago, I'd become a daily user
And it was bad: 4-5 day long binges with naps in between and few holidays. My head will never be the same.

Anyway I'm going to stop now. All my previous attempts have failed so far(I even packed up and moved 600 miles away last year). I know I can do it though.
So I'm posting this on soberrecovery.com - my first thread here marked the beginning of the addiction, so this, the second one, marks the end of it.

Are there any guys who have done this around? An advice from you would be much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

First of all, welcome back! I really think it's amazing that after 2 years, you still found a way back to SR.com. I think that's a tremendous testament to the power of this site and the wonderful people here.

I don't have any experience with meth addiction, but I was one of the "worst" alcoholics I knew. I found this site on the day almost a year ago when I knew I could no longer have a relationship with alcohol. I've been here and alcohol-free ever since.

Thanks again for coming back. I hope you hang around a while this time!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I quit meth after a two-year addiction. It took an overdose for me to see the light. You overdosed and didn't learn a thing. I don't know what those "previous attempts" were that you tried, but they weren't working. Were you just quitting on your own? Will power alone won't do it then. You need the support and knowledge of others who have beat their addiction. Get yourself into an NA meeting. Today.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing your 'Introduction to Meth' thread. That was scary to read, knowing that a terrible addiction would follow. I am so glad you are here now and hope that you will find a support program to help you, including SR! I think going to NA right away is a great idea! There's so much wisdom and support you can gain from hanging around those who have been through it and got the drugs out of their lives! God bless you!