Enabling

Old 02-28-2011, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enabling

I hate his whole enabling thing!!! i have such strong days, but slip and I go back to the CRAZY feeling!! Today I am tempter to turn in my sons' dealer. I know this kid really well and am angry at him..
I keep telling myself that my son is choosing to stay at his house and not to call the cops.. I need stregnth thrown my way HURRY!! UGH
Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I thought about turning in my daughter's dealer, too. I didn't because I was afraid of their retaliation, not hers. I'm glad I trusted my instincts because my daughter later told me two metro police officers used to visit the drug house, too (since been fired and prosecuted). I'm sure they could have found out who ratted them out.

My daughter did eventually share the address with her addiction doctor, and he reported them after several of his clients gave the same names and address. They are no longer in business
Old 02-28-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Moment of Conception

Originally Posted by Chino View Post
I thought about turning in my daughter's dealer, too. I didn't because I was afraid of their retaliation, not hers. I'm glad I trusted my instincts
Good point, crazy things can happen when trying to deal with crazy things.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kharma /god/the universe will take care of that..focus back on yourself..alanon tells us not to prevent a crisis, but also not to create one (which I specialized in, hoping for a higher bottom for my AD)Also, when it all goes down, you will not have any guilt or negative feeling because you weren't a part of it..can't be blamed either...oh yeah, and there's ALWAYS another dealer/abusive boyfriend/trouble right around the corner..until they change, they find each other like human magnets

Last edited by keepinon; 02-28-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added on
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your all right!! No need to create and drama.. Lord knows I already have enough to deal with!!
thanks all!!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Back when, I did turn in my daughter's dealers. I had it all license plates, names, addresses and on and on.

This is when I learned that Police do not chase down drug dealers based on reports.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would love to turn someone in as well. (my AS dealer) Sadly it is my neighbors son and can you believe his mother is a detective in the police dept. OH MY!!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am still considering it... I know that my son will find his drugs anywhere not just where he is getting them now.. BUT this kid has a 12 year old sister living there and that is my logic behind my thinking... I dunno......
Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

why don't you "play the tape to the end" like they taught my daughter(and us in rehab).You call the police..then what?
I also struggle with this as the drug den my daughter lived in has a child living there..unbelievably, he is being fosterd by the gma cuz the mom was in jail..the gma used to trade my RAD heroin for dishwashing..also babysitting.They are well known to the police and I've asked cop friends who told me they"can't just go in there and search"..I'm not sure anything would come out your report anyway..I have had same experience as outtolunch.
It helped me to put the focus back on me, rather than perseverating on those around my daughter who were just as sick as she was...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When we love a person who has an addiction, we look to place blame elsewhere, because their choices are so difficult for us to comprehend. They have made bad choices and when one dealer closes up shop another will take their place. The choice to use or not use, rests solely on the individual and turning in the dealer has little or no impact on their choice to use. Best Wishes to you in finding your Serenity.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

UGH your all so right!! I am going to focus putting my energey elsewhere.
Thanks!!!