ot..same dreams..over and over

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ot..same dreams..over and over

I keep dreaming the world is ending..in my dream I know its going to happen..sometimes there are natural disasters that start, I am afraid, not terrified, and very resigned or surrendered to the fact its almost over..sometimes i will narrowly survive and am very suprised. Even last night..it wasn't end of the world, but I had a dream about trees falling, then i was caught in a flood..I don't watch the news just for this reason..any amateur psychs want to take a crack at this? So weird...
Old 02-11-2011, 08:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you're under stress Keep. When I dream under stress it is usually someone has thrown an entire 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle and is timing me and expects me to do it in something like an hour.
I had the same dream 3 times once and it sort of came true but maybe it's just all the stuff going on in the world that you read about but are helpless to fix or control and it feels overwhelming. I feel it too, Egypt, global warming, weird weather, and if it is something like the end of the world there is not a thing I can do about it to fix it so acceptance that things are not what they should be and prayer is about all I can do. I hope this is foody type dreams like you ate cheese before you went to bed. Hugs. It's probably just stress.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you're working your way through what you can and cannot control, including opportunities to save yourself
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

keepinon,

when i have those flood dreams, i think for me it means uncontrollable.
you cant talk your way out of a flood, or get it to change course,
you go with the flow, or suffer the consequences.
hmmmm
thank you for posting this keepinon.

Beth
Old 02-11-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

the more I think about it..it is really is kind of a step one dream..i am powerless and I must accept all the powers that are greater than i am..more surrender required perhaps..thanx guys
Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have read...

To dream of the apocalypse indicates an inner conflict or struggle that you are experiencing. The dream may also signify an important personality or routine change. You might be choosing to follow a different path in life

I've also read that water in dreams symbolizes emotions. The more water, especially steady rising water, is an emotional surge.

Maybe this inspires some creative thinking for you

Alice
Old 02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a dream ealier this week that I was on the road driving to the train station with my daughter and a girl she knew back when my daughter was active in her addiction ( sadly now the other girl is deceased due to heroin OD) to catch a train to the city.

I realized that it was unlikely we were going to find a vacant parking spot and so I turned the car around and headed back home with 2 obvious passengers.

I prefer to interpret this as a reminder that I am always one impulse away from boarding the Crazy Train.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

very cool alice..food for thought..I think maybe i am trying to come to terms with really, really letting go of my daughter and accepting her disease and my lack of control of it in a much deeper way ..ok, this is making me cry..things were so so bad when she was a teenager and now she is 19, I can never go back, we will never be a family that lives together again and I feel like I didn't get to finish parenting and now its over.I have been coming to a more profound understanding that this period in my life is over, there are no more chances and I really, truly did not get what I wanted..
Wow..I am bawling like a baby and had no idea that was even in there..don't know if thats what my dreams have been about, but thanks for helping me name something...
Old 02-11-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think dreams are a way of releasing pain/stress/anxiety. I know what you mean about having to let go too soon. It's hard. Hugs.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((keep)))

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
... I feel like I didn't get to finish parenting and now its over.
I wanted a do-over so bad and it hurt for a while. I can't even say I did the best I could, because I didn't always. I took so much for granted
Old 02-11-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tam

keepinon, so sorry your hurting, made me cry to read your post. as far as dreams goes, this is strange because just this week I replied to a post regarding having scary awful dreams.
I dont know what they mean, but today at work I was talking about it and my coworker mentioned the moon! so we googled the phases of the moon and the affect it has on our emotions and it mentioned dreams.. we really read about it more and I saw how the moon has affected me and what phase it was in..(anger, sadness and happiness according to the moon phase) it was very interesting, just a thought..sending you a hug!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wow..I am bawling like a baby and had no idea that was even in there..don't know if thats what my dreams have been about, but thanks for helping me name something..
If you are usually not a person who cries (i dont cry very easily or very much) then letting go of this is gonna bring on the tears.

yeah, no do overs, and that sucks mighty might bad.
but today, i can go with what i have, a little more knowledge and a little more recovery.
life on lifes terms.

Beth
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, I want a do over too. But in my case I want to skip the 3 years of addiction and be a better parent during that time because my daughter was in the 8th grade when it started and I finally stopped when she hit the 11th grade but it was the last part of her childhood that I failed her and myself. I have often wished for a time machine to go back. All I know is I am the best me now that I can be and I have to let go of the past because it will eat me alive if I dwell on it.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think it has been much more subconcious..I know I can't go back, have to move forward, etc.But there's these little hangings on..she's in a sober living so I'm relatively assured she's sober, but she won't be there forever and when I'm done paying for her living expenses while she's in school, I won't know, nor will it be my business..THAT hit me a couple a weeks ago and gave me a moment of panic, then I moved on, but i don't think my subconcoius did..