Using my company to make a stand against alcohol

Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Using my company to make a stand against alcohol

I am in charge of organizing musical events. We bring in lots of money from selling beer and t-shirts at these events.

We were all talking about how hard it must be for alcoholics to be social when concerts and stuff have alcohol everywhere. Where do alcoholics and their families go to get away from it?

We are thinking of hosting some events without alcohol and maybe even going to extra step to explain why. Does anyone have any thoughts about this?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Kilt, Sounds wonderful to me. Get ahold of the aa and NA meeting areas so you can do some advertising. There should be some music events for these fellas and gals to go to while they are trying to get their lives back in order. Kudos to you for thinking about this. Hugs~
Old 02-03-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dignity, what a great idea! I will see what we need to do to reach out to the support groups. Great idea, Dignity!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Alcohol is legal and socially acceptable. Taking responsibility for one's own recovery means functioning in the real world where alcohol is legal, available and socially acceptable. It also means that if proximity to alcohol is a trigger, one is responsible for avoiding the venue.

Most events ( thinking primarily 501c3, here) cannot achieve their financial objectives without the sale of alcohol or inclusion of alcohol in the ticket price.