Notices

10 Days Sober Tonight

Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 Days Sober Tonight

Hey just an update,

Tonight's the first night I've thought about drinking, mainly to get to sleep. See my father is home from the hospital and I'm very worried about him falling when he's downstairs and what not and I just can't relax.

That's where the feeling about drinking comes in. It's not gonna happen but the thought worries me a little.

It's been very difficult to sleep recently. When I know my body should be exhausted I seem to always get this second wave of adrenaline over the tiredness and it makes me feel ill. I've been walking/jogging around 7 miles a day too.

Anyway thought I'd rant.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Worry is a bit of a problem for some of us. I've had to learn to do what I can, and then simply leave the rest.

Can you maybe stay with your dad a few days? Can he stay with you?
Can you look into a medi alert bracelet or something similar?

If, for whatever reason, you can't do any of those things (or anything else you can think of that might stop you worrying)...then, as hard as it is, you have to simply do what you can do, pray, and leave the rest to God (assuming you're a prayer).

Drink never really helped me with my sleep anyway - I went out like a light but I always woke up stone cold sober at 2 or 3 am and worried til daylight anyway....

D
Old 01-25-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on ten days sober! I'm glad you're not going to drink, it wouldn't help you or your dad either.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Worry is a bit of a problem for some of us. I've had to learn to do what I can, and then simply leave the rest.

Can you maybe stay with your dad a few days? Can he stay with you?
Can you look into a medi alert bracelet or something similar?

If, for whatever reason, you can't do any of those things (or anything else you can think of that might stop you worrying)...then, as hard as it is, you have to simply do what you can do, pray, and leave the rest to God (assuming you're a prayer).

Drink never really helped me with my sleep anyway - I went out like a light but I always woke up stone cold sober at 2 or 3 am and worried til daylight anyway....

D
He's with us living downstairs. The idea of an alert bracelet is a great one. Will have a look into that with my next pay cheque.

I'm gonna just have to switch off and do what I can as you said. That's all that can be done but it's difficult believing it when the stress kicks in.

Yeah alcohol would make tomorrow a complete mess! I must man up!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Congrats on your 10 days. I plan to be there in 8 days.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 days. Every day sober is an accomplishment.