Notices

Sober Recovery Message Board Statistics

Old 01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Recovery Message Board Statistics

All of these statistics are taken from Big-Boards. The largest Message Boards and Forums on the web!

Currently, SR is the 1049th most popular forum on the internet.

The majority of the users are from the United States (72%). Below is a pie graph of what the demographics of SR are

Over the last year, SR averages anywhere from 5000 unique visitors each day, to 10,000. That's a lot of people signing on to the forum looking for support. See below

In the last 3 months, there have been dramatic spikes in how many unique visitors log in each day. Notice around Christmas, the drop in unique visitors, then immediately following Christmas, the spike in unique visitors. It's even more dramatic following New Years

If you would like to view more interesting statistics about Sober Recovery, click below.

Sober Recovery statistics
Old 01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

pretty cool info, thanks!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Pretty impressive. I'm glad I found the site, but didn't realise there were places like this online. So glad we all found this.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know how high 1049th really is, but it seems like it is high when you consider all the forums there are out there and all the other things to talk about.

I was surprised to see Germany came in second, I didn't really notice that many were from there, but other than the USA and Canada, I have noticed a lot of UK and Australia, some Ireland too. Although if this stat has to do with visitors not necessarily signing in, then that makes even more sense.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Currently, SR is the 1049th most popular forum on the internet.

Considering how many web sites there must be, that's an impressive number.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
New to Real Life

I love info like that. TY!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Eating protein and life.

Did you notice that 100% of SR users fall under the category Awesome?
Old 01-14-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
I don't know how high 1049th really is, but it seems like it is high when you consider all the forums there are out there and all the other things to talk about.

I was surprised to see Germany came in second, I didn't really notice that many were from there, but other than the USA and Canada, I have noticed a lot of UK and Australia, some Ireland too. Although if this stat has to do with visitors not necessarily signing in, then that makes even more sense.
It's actually not that high, SR is 1049/2245 known message boards. Still respectable!The numbers don't matter, because this is the most positive message board I've been apart of, and I've been apart of a lot of message boards, and still am. So many assholes on the internet
Originally Posted by least View Post
Considering how many web sites there must be, that's an impressive number.
It'd be interesting to see how SR ranks in the world for most visited websites.
Originally Posted by Untoxicated View Post
Did you notice that 100% of SR users fall under the category Awesome?
There's no doubt about it, the users here are the friendliest and the best. Most forums are negative and redundant
Old 01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

North, I guess I'm not on the same wavelength. That 2245 number is any kind of forum, yes? I realize 1049 is not that high out of only 2245 message boards, but when you think of all the other topics out there, like computers, news/politics, food, sex, isn't being a little higher than the midpoint pretty high for a site for people to spend time talking about addiction and recovery? Maybe I'm being more Glass Half Full than I would have expected of myself. My sense of proportion could be out of whack too, even though I stopped drinking.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No2

Thats the place that I found this website from. I was looking for something else but clicked on this one to check it out.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Interesting, thanks North.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Interesting.

My guess that for addiction forums this must be No. 1 (not that its a competition or anything). I say this because anytime I Google anything about recovery some SR thread invariably tops the list...and all I can think is "dude...the reason I was Googling something was because I wanted an opinion outside of SR!!!"
Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's really interesting stuff -- thanks for posting it!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Apparently a large number of online forums are gaming sites...I always forget gaming is huge!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great info. I just realized I probably make up with a few of my German pals here the 14%.....LOL.

Yeah no shame here. Each day I am enjoying life reinforces what I am doing and SR has been a life changer for me.

Whoohoo!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Wow...5000 to 10,000 unique visitors a day. Think about how many people that is. People that are looking for that 1 thing (in this case, recovery from addiction) that could help them change their lives.

Think about what that means. Think about how important that makes this site and all of the people who are here. Those people aren't visiting this site to make fun of those with problems; they need help, and we are the ones they are looking to.

That kinda adds a little weight of responsibility to this whole message board thing, and to each of us here, if you ask me. We should recognize that and make sure we're doing everything possible to welcome and help all those Newcomers. I hope more of those visitors start signing up to become members.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

SR is for sure a life saver for many of us. AND it is way true that I had been bounced into this site googling various subjects. I finally registered after reading for a month or two..and I have said it before..this site has so many helpful sobriety tips that when I am not logged on..I take SR with me in my memory. ..Interesting info..Thanks North!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
SR is for sure a life saver for many of us. AND it is way true that I had been bounced into this site googling various subjects. I finally registered after reading for a month or two..and I have said it before..this site has so many helpful sobriety tips that when I am not logged on..I take SR with me in my memory. ..Interesting info..Thanks North!
Google led me here as well. I had been to 4 AA meetings that first day without alcohol, and when I got home I hit the laptop. Not sure exactly what I searched for, but I know it led me here, and I'm eternally thankful for that.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Another site that keeps stats on SoberRecovery is: boardreader.

There you'll find top active thread's, authors and stats where other websites have linked to forum posts at SR.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Another site that keeps stats on SoberRecovery is: boardreader.

There you'll find top active thread's, authors and stats where other websites have linked to forum posts at SR.
whoaa that site has some interesting stats as well

LaFemme, you're 4th in posts last week LOL