Quitting tomarrow

Old 12-31-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quitting tomarrow

anyone else?? lol
Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I quit over a year and a half ago Vanilla...good luck to you though. Let us know how it goes.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Go for it, Vanilla!
I've been nicotine free for two months, two weeks, four days, 16 hours, 21 minutes and 5 seconds. That means there have beenb 1992 cigarettes not smoked, saving me $697.58. There has been 6 days, 22 hours, 0 minutes of my life saved.

You can do it. My advice is to keep up with a support group, online or in person. And when those urges come, don't forget the 4 D's:
Delay, Distract, Deep Breathe, Drink Water.

Delay.
Don't smoke when you feel the urge. Wait a few minutes to see if it passes. (It will!)

Distract.
Think of something else to take your mind off smoking. Do something else that makes it difficult to smoke (like having a shower or playing a game).

Deep breathing.
Take a deep breath in through your nose and hold it for a count of five. Push out your stomach at the same time. This makes the air go deeper into your lungs, where the smoke used to go. Slowly breath out through your mouth to the count of seven. Repeat this three times and feel the relaxation as your stress floats away. (If this makes you dizzy, do not do it while driving or operating equipment.)

Drink water.
Drink a glass of water, slowly. Hold each sip in your mouth for a few seconds. This will help replace the sensation of having a cigarette in your hand and smoke in your mouth.

Wishing you the best!
Remember to let us know how it's going, ok?

Shalom!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks historyteach for all the tips! i know its already 2011 and i was supposed to quit today, but i have a couple left in my pack that im going to smoke. then thats it. im really ready to do it. i know its going to be hard because i actually quit for 6 days before...thats a long time for me lol i probably would have still been quit today if i hadnt gone to vegas on the 7th day LOL
Old 01-01-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

You *can* do it...
As soon as you are ready.

We're here when you are.
Keep in touch!
And remember,

Quitters are Winners!

Shalom!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Right Where I am Suppose to be

Good Luck to you, I have stopped smoking since the new year also, i am using Patches which i have to say are taking the edge off it, another day nearly over, I'm keeping it in the day , the same as my alcoholism one day at a time