Quick update

Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Quick update

I didn't plan it but now I am spending a few days in a cabin in a forest with 3 dutchmen and some new friends. Honestly I don't see many friendships forming for real after this but the dutchmen are very very nice. One is very handsome. Looks like the young Richard Gere. They are funny and very respectful.

I am about to eat some cinammon rolls for "dinner".. more like "breakfast". Life does not get much better than this.

There is much hope and new interesting people to meet. Sometimes I think the guy I am next to is the last one on the planet and I'd better cling to him. Nope. There are many out there and many who know what equality and basic respect mean. This has been a newsflash for me lol..

Happy holidays
Old 12-29-2010, 05:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a newsflash for me too TC! Hanging around with a few handsome Dutchmen sounds great!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And one looks like Richard Gere?! Happy New Year Hello!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The Dutch do certainly have a very different (and far more enlightened) view of the sexes and that will be great for you! I hope you have tons of fun!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh, that's an interesting newsflash, tc!

enjoy the forest! hopefully one of the dutchmen will take you on a nice hike up the hill...

naive
Old 12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

You are all very welcome here. Thanks, your posts made me laugh!
Yesterday we put some sleeping bags on the garden and we watched the starts, many many of them, it was wonderful.

I had to work from 1-4 AM but for some reason I was very focused.
Then I slept and woke up at 12 PM. Had brunch. The guys told me many dutch men cook as a hobby. Nice! It is nice to see how they are very respectful towards each other.

I have to work and am alone, everybody left and went hiking and maybe riding horses. I am enjoying the house all by myself. I may do some yoga on the terrace or the garden. Or both. I may just lie there on the sun and breathe.

It is great how sometimes you have nothing planned and HP sends you to places... sends you messengers.... I am taking the hint, HP.

Did I mention they have really good jobs and travel a lot and seem to be well off? and that they are single?

After we come back we will have a new year party. I hope that is when Richard Gere junior comes to me, tells me he fell in love with me, asks me to marry him and that I am invited to travel with him (he spends his time in Rio, Singapore, Barcelone..) and while he does his business I can take yoga classes here and there. Right
Old 12-29-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have a lovely time TC, you seem to be already!
Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hope you mean the Dutchman resembles RG as he was 20 years ago, at least.
Yep, having a young, respectful, uncluttered, Richard Gere look-a-like around could easily blow my mind.

Have fun and a lovely New Year Party.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

So the gossip is out and one of them fell in love with me lol. It seems he is already arranging long term plans-- Unfortunately its not the young Richard Gere but the youngest one and I don't like his looks. But he is a sweet guy. We will have fun at the dinner tonight. I got makeup appointment at 630- for now, got to prepare my salad.

RG is 40, unfortunately too old for me! btw the last day they cooked for us and they helped wash the dishes.

My appreciation for the country of Holland has increased.

I hope everyone has a great new year 2011!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey, looks fade (look at Gere today!) but a man who likes to cook only gets better with time!

Have a blast!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Now the nice guy is my Best Friend ever. He said he liked me and I told him I was planning to be single for one year as I really needed to get some stability.He was ok with it. I also detected some codependency in him, I mean we had barely talked for 3 or 4 days and already in love, HAH! I know better now.

Anyway here is the young Richard Gere!! we gave him a RG movie as a present, lol...

Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
kia

and this is the 40 year old is it hes lovely what u waiting for or is he the young one whatever hes nice ;-) xxxx
Old 04-08-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I updated my avatar with a picture of the RG lookalike and me

The guy owns his own company and is now in Bali, after traveling in India

He and his friend invited me to visit them in Amsterdam.. there is a huge music festival over there.. many bands that I have never heard of... I only know Coldplay

I might save $$ and go.. although I prefer electronic music but hey being surrounded by handsome foreign young guys is something to look forward to...

I was planning to go en route to visit my dad in Finland... but I am not so sure I want to visit him at all.... maybe I just go and visit my friends and a couple others I miss??

I mean if I go to Finland my dad will act as he always does, more interested in his wife, never a moment for dad & daughter, perhaps its time to choose people that give me attention and kindness...

So it seems I am back to my off topic posts !!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Glad you are really making some cool new connections...

Let me know when you come across another cabin in the forest full of Dutchmen. I'm overdue for new connections myself!
Old 04-09-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

That is a lovely picture, TC.
And you are a lovely person. <3

Do what makes you happy.
If visiting your father will make you feel better, as in "I visited him, now I'm done for awhile" or something, go for it.
If it will only serve to be a black mark on your trip, then don't.

Your life is yours.
Do with it what you want and need.